KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after buying my slightly used 890 two weeks ago and riding it 500+ miles home, I finally got around to cleaning it up, installing a Evotech tail tidy, removing the rear passenger foot pegs, and figuring out my luggage that I pulled from my SDR.

I installed the rear tail bag straps to the passenger seat and they tuck under the seat when not in use. I used the seat screws to secure them.

I needed to buy a new ring for the tank bag and then turn the locking mechanism on the bag around. This left me with no place to secure the release string so I used some sticky velcro on the string to secure it to the velcro on the bag.

The Evotech tail tidy is a nice bit of kit, very well made although it is probably heavier than the OEM setup due to it being aluminum. I installed their rear bobbins too as well as my bar end weights that I kept from my SDR.

My SC Project slipon is scheduled to be delivered today. I have the stock turn signals and with the OEM exhaust, I think I will melt it. Waiting on Fedex to deliver so I can ride.

Overall, I'm glad that I could reuse my SDR luggage as the rear bag is very useful if we ever get back to commuting as gym clothes, lunch, and laptop go in there and it is a quick release from the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
@MaddMike I hope you got a good deal on. Did you buy it from a dealer? I see it has wind screen, axle protectors, case guard, evo seat and cruise control. I assume it has the tech pack.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@MaddMike I hope you got a good deal on. Did you buy it from a dealer? I see it has wind screen, axle protectors, case guard, evo seat and cruise control. I assume it has the tech pack.
Yes, has the tech pack and some add-ons. I bought it from and individual with about 2k miles on the clock. I think I did alright. I sold my 2015 SDR for the exact same price so although the SDR is towards the bottom of the depreciation curve and this has a way to go, I enjoy it so much more as it is so much lighter and handles amazingly plus I missed the quickshifter that I had on my previous S1000XR so I was glad to get that again.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice which windscreen is that?
The KTM one. Not sure of the model name as it came with the bike.
Its the 'small touring screen' from KTM.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice! That S1 looks awesome. Is it much louder than stock? I'm thinking of getting one, but don't want something that's much louder than stock.
Good question. Is is definitely lower sounding and has more of a growl than stock. I honestly haven't ridden it yet as my fife and I both are working from home with my three-year-old and my five month old which require full time attention. How I get any work done is a mystery to me. I'll try to squeeze in a short ride today. With the cat, I don't think it is that loud but impossible to judge without going full throttle.

Here is an idle and short rev video I posted on the exhaust thread.

·
Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2020 KTM 890 Duke R, 2020 Kawasaki KLX230
54 Posts
I also bought a barely ridden (800k/500miles)- hamburger with lot (just needs a pipe) 2020 890 Duke R, and yes first wash as I trailered it 1,600k/1,000 miles home.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice! That S1 looks awesome. Is it much louder than stock? I'm thinking of getting one, but don't want something that's much louder than stock.
Finally got out to ride a little yesterday. The S1 exhaust is lower with a but more of a bark but not much louder at all. Very happy with both the look and the sound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts