KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
While still looking (and squirreling away $$ from the wife) at a new slip on, I wanted to tone down the giant silver stock exhaust a bit. I was planning on painting the heat shield when I saw a few had wrapped it with vinyl. Figured I’d give it a go and see how it turned out.
View attachment 4488 Overall, it was a fun process, and I had enough left over to do the front fender. Who knows how long that will last against road debris, but for now, it changes it up a bit. In case anyone is wondering, the vinyl (according to the seller) is 4mil thick. It was pretty forgiving, and with a heat gun, was able to work in without too much drama.
View attachment 4489
View attachment 4490

Thanks for stopping by.
Ride safe everyone.
This one I took yesterday during a quick pit stop
Hope it helps.
View attachment 4526
WOW. Totally changes the look of the stock exhaust. I'm digging it. Great job.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for all the positive replies. Just wanted to update the thread. I've put a few hundred miles on the bikes since this project and have had no issues with the wrap on either the heat shield or the front fender.

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke, 2006 SV 650, 2008 Hot rodded KLR, 1991 Honda Hawk NT 650
50 Posts
While still looking (and squirreling away $$ from the wife) at a new slip on, I wanted to tone down the giant silver stock exhaust a bit. I was planning on painting the heat shield when I saw a few had wrapped it with vinyl. Figured I’d give it a go and see how it turned out.
View attachment 4488 Overall, it was a fun process, and I had enough left over to do the front fender. Who knows how long that will last against road debris, but for now, it changes it up a bit. In case anyone is wondering, the vinyl (according to the seller) is 4mil thick. It was pretty forgiving, and with a heat gun, was able to work in without too much drama.
View attachment 4489
View attachment 4490

Thanks for stopping by.
Ride safe everyone.
That turned out nice

21 - 25 of 25 Posts