KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While still looking (and squirreling away $$ from the wife) at a new slip on, I wanted to tone down the giant silver stock exhaust a bit. I was planning on painting the heat shield when I saw a few had wrapped it with vinyl. Figured I’d give it a go and see how it turned out.
Overall, it was a fun process, and I had enough left over to do the front fender. Who knows how long that will last against road debris, but for now, it changes it up a bit. In case anyone is wondering, the vinyl (according to the seller) is 4mil thick. It was pretty forgiving, and with a heat gun, was able to work in without too much drama.

Thanks for stopping by.
Ride safe everyone.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great job @Arctic92x - I like the front fender look now with it wrapped.

I still have some spare carbon wrap left over from when I wrapped my PP screen, now seriously considering doing the same on mine as the very shiny plastic is really soft and has picked up a few scratches over time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i want to wrap my fender like the ktm PP fender, but I can't even hang a poster straight so i know my **** will look messed up

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wrapped my tank and excaust cover in matt black, altough after first ride realized that my boots are rubbing against the excaust cover and vinyl got damaged :/
Planning to wrap the aluminium rear frame at some point.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll get in on this too - I just finished up wrapping the subframe on my bike in satin black (with a dash of reflective orange to keep it KTM). I'm impressed with how good the other wraps look, that stuff is not easy to work with. I might try to do the tank to match next, my first attempt failed when the vinyl ripped.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll get in on this too - I just finished up wrapping the subframe on my bike in satin black (with a dash of reflective orange to keep it KTM). I'm impressed with how good the other wraps look, that stuff is not easy to work with. I might try to do the tank to match next, my first attempt failed when the vinyl ripped.
That looks amazing! any posibility we can get a few more pictures. I have the orange bike too and the grey is a bit out of place IMO. Also, which rim sticker kit is that? That looks fantastic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That looks amazing! any posibility we can get a few more pictures. I have the orange bike too and the grey is a bit out of place IMO. Also, which rim sticker kit is that? That looks fantastic.
Sure, here's a couple more pics. I'll see if I can get some in better light this weekend. I searched all over the internet trying to find those rim stickers, before finding them on Amazon. They're VFluo GP Design. They weren't too bad to put on, and they give you an extra one in case something goes wrong. I got the wider ones (10mm) and they fit without a problem. Here's the link:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sure, here's a couple more pics. I'll see if I can get some in better light this weekend. I searched all over the internet trying to find those rim stickers, before finding them on Amazon. They're VFluo GP Design. They weren't too bad to put on, and they give you an extra one in case something goes wrong. I got the wider ones (10mm) and they fit without a problem. Here's the link:
That looks amazing! Little touches like that really make a bike stand out IMO. Any advice on what wrap you personally used? I'm hoping to just buy something on amazon but if you would recommend some pricier stuff i wouldn't mind that. I want to do something similar, but add a little bit more of that Motorex green/blue color accents. For whatever reason that color with the KTM Orange and Black is an ultimate favorite of mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That looks amazing! Little touches like that really make a bike stand out IMO. Any advice on what wrap you personally used? I'm hoping to just buy something on amazon but if you would recommend some pricier stuff i wouldn't mind that. I want to do something similar, but add a little bit more of that Motorex green/blue color accents. For whatever reason that color with the KTM Orange and Black is an ultimate favorite of mine.
I used 3M 1080 Satin Black vinyl wrap, I think it matches the color/gloss of the swingarm pretty well. Got the vinyl off of Amazon as well - you can get 1ft x 5ft for a little under $20. In theory that's enough to wrap both subframes, with a couple of inches left over. I watched a bunch of youtube videos on vinyl wrapping, and they recommended VVivid, Avery and 3M mostly. For insets by the air intakes, I could have used some more stretch in the vinyl, but I'm not really sure if those other brands are more flexible than the 3M.

Here's the wrap in better light

1 - 16 of 16 Posts