KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

First vinyl wrap attempt

11K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Arctic92x 
#1 ·
While still looking (and squirreling away $$ from the wife) at a new slip on, I wanted to tone down the giant silver stock exhaust a bit. I was planning on painting the heat shield when I saw a few had wrapped it with vinyl. Figured I’d give it a go and see how it turned out.
Overall, it was a fun process, and I had enough left over to do the front fender. Who knows how long that will last against road debris, but for now, it changes it up a bit. In case anyone is wondering, the vinyl (according to the seller) is 4mil thick. It was pretty forgiving, and with a heat gun, was able to work in without too much drama.

Thanks for stopping by.
Ride safe everyone.

See less See more
#8 ·
I wrapped my tank and excaust cover in matt black, altough after first ride realized that my boots are rubbing against the excaust cover and vinyl got damaged :/
Planning to wrap the aluminium rear frame at some point.

Attachments

#9 ·
I'll get in on this too - I just finished up wrapping the subframe on my bike in satin black (with a dash of reflective orange to keep it KTM). I'm impressed with how good the other wraps look, that stuff is not easy to work with. I might try to do the tank to match next, my first attempt failed when the vinyl ripped.

Attachments

#22 ·
While still looking (and squirreling away $$ from the wife) at a new slip on, I wanted to tone down the giant silver stock exhaust a bit. I was planning on painting the heat shield when I saw a few had wrapped it with vinyl. Figured I’d give it a go and see how it turned out.
View attachment 4488 Overall, it was a fun process, and I had enough left over to do the front fender. Who knows how long that will last against road debris, but for now, it changes it up a bit. In case anyone is wondering, the vinyl (according to the seller) is 4mil thick. It was pretty forgiving, and with a heat gun, was able to work in without too much drama.
View attachment 4489
View attachment 4490

Thanks for stopping by.
Ride safe everyone.
This one I took yesterday during a quick pit stop
Hope it helps.
View attachment 4526
WOW. Totally changes the look of the stock exhaust. I'm digging it. Great job.

#24 ·
View attachment 4488 Overall, it was a fun process, and I had enough left over to do the front fender. Who knows how long that will last against road debris, but for now, it changes it up a bit. In case anyone is wondering, the vinyl (according to the seller) is 4mil thick. It was pretty forgiving, and with a heat gun, was able to work in without too much drama.
View attachment 4489
View attachment 4490

Thanks for stopping by.
Ride safe everyone.
That turned out nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.