KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I went with the 20, but I suspect that 15 will provide the same results, or very similar. Went from weaving and twisting on hard acceleration, when reaching around 85-95 MPH (depending on the circumstances, incline/decline, body position, etc.), to a couple of quick movements and back to straight on, and maybe 10% of the times compared to before.

Reactions: Hawkerjet

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
BTW, guys running the 790/890 on the track with street tires, what pressures are you running?

My tire looks like it's a bit too hot, but I was very close to Bridgestone's recommended pressure (probably slightly higher) and the day was pretty cool with ambient starting at high 50's and ending at low 70's.

Attachments

Registered
Tbh I would not ask the forum, but ask the trackday suspension and tire guy

The faster you go the cold/hot pressures change quite fast as well, check with your local trackday gurus

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I did and I ran more or less what I was advised. Which was pretty close to Bridgestone's numbers. I get the point, though. Very specific.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ah but did you mention the 5 roast oxen you ate the night before.?
I am a bit on the porky side, although was definitely not the heaviest in the group.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
What tires are you running? On the 28-29th, I鈥檒l be trying RS10s for the first time.
Pretty plain. Bridgestone S22 front and rear. I looked at the tires again, yesterday. Seems like the wear is pretty good/consistent. Rear is definitely not tearing but melted pretty well on the right. Left side looks good. It's a right handed track and some of the turns are pretty fast. Front looks perfectly OK.

Reactions: EvansB2
21 - 29 of 29 Posts