KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I brought my 790 D in for the first service at 600 sMILES! It was pretty uneventful.
I mentioned to the Service Technician that I thought there was oil weeping from the oil pan. He applied a little gasket seeler to the seam. Hopefully that does the trick.
I also mentioned that the engine cut off twice with the clutch in while I went to select neutral for a stop light and once while tipping into a turn and down shifting to third, not cool,. He said he would check and adjust the sensors and programming and that it would not be a problem. Let's put miles on it and see, fingers crossed.
In total it took about an hour and a half. Happily I brought a book with so it was not lost time.
Afterward I took a nice long ride. It's nice to be in sport mode. That definitely perks up the 790. I'd been using street as the revs climbed so fast toward the 6500 rpm "redline" in sport. Also quick shifter, HELLO, that's good!
I'm really enjoying this bike and with the added revs now, yeah, let's RIDE!
Bottoms Up!
Steve Stewart

·
Premium Member
2020 790 Duke
18 Posts
I’m approaching my 620 mile mark. But headed out of town this weekend so it will delay the initial service and therefore the new 9500 redline. Looking forward to being able to use more of the redline. I’ve not the bike dying on me like you did. I’ll keep a look out for it.

How do you like it not that you get to ring its neck? So to speak.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just had mine serviced for the first time in the last week as well, not sure if it's psychological but it almost feels like a new bike! It was fast before but now taking it up to the top of the revs it really unleashes it. Love it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had mine serviced for the first time in the last week as well, not sure if it's psychological but it almost feels like a new bike! It was fast before but now taking it up to the top of the revs it really unleashes it. Love it!
Hi Marky. Mine is having its first service in a weeks time. Out of curiosity, how much did it cost, how long did it take and was it with a KTM dealership?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Marky. Mine is having its first service in a weeks time. Out of curiosity, how much did it cost, how long did it take and was it with a KTM dealership?
Yes I got it done at the KTM dealership In Moto in Croydon, same place I bought the bike. It was about £280 ish. I think it's a bit steep but I like the peace of mind, and having the stamp on the first service when it comes to chopping it in! (Also it's on PCP so I want to avoid any excuses to hit me with fees at the end)

I dropped it off at 9.30am and picked it up at 5pm, I believe the physical time it took was about 1.75 hours though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes I got it done at the KTM dealership In Moto in Croydon, same place I bought the bike. It was about £280 ish. I think it's a bit steep but I like the peace of mind, and having the stamp on the first service when it comes to chopping it in! (Also it's on PCP so I want to avoid any excuses to hit me with fees at the end)

I dropped it off at 9.30am and picked it up at 5pm, I believe the physical time it took was about 1.75 hours though.
Thanks for the info Marky :)

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m approaching my 620 mile mark. But headed out of town this weekend so it will delay the initial service and therefore the new 9500 redline. Looking forward to being able to use more of the redline. I’ve not the bike dying on me like you did. I’ll keep a look out for it.

How do you like it not that you get to ring its neck? So to speak.
Oh yeah, it is VERY nice. See my other post titled, quick shifter Oh boy is this great, for more. You're gonna LOVE the unbridled 790.
Bottoms Up

·
Registered
60 Posts

You must not stay too far away then from me as i also purchased my 790 from InMoto in Croydon about a month ago. Just done 245 miles so far and already have an oil leak on the lower engine casing. So i have to take it back from them to investigate. Hopefully it will be dealt with and fixed 100%. Did they give you the option of a loan bike?

·
Registered
75 Posts
You must not stay too far away then from me as i also purchased my 790 from InMoto in Croydon about a month ago. Just done 245 miles so far and already have an oil leak on the lower engine casing. So i have to take it back from them to investigate. Hopefully it will be dealt with and fixed 100%. Did they give you the option of a loan bike?
Guess not! I'm in Carshalton, how about you?

Sadly no I have never been offered a loan bike, even when mine had to go back at the beginning of lockdown due to a faulty brake light. I was super pissed about this as it should have shown on the PDI being that it was broken from when I got it home, but the delivery sheet had brake lights ticked. I was a little disappointed by this to tell the truth. Other than that they've been fantastic, I had my previous bike from them too and they gave me a fair PX on it when I ordered the 790.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Guess not! I'm in Carshalton, how about you?

Sadly no I have never been offered a loan bike, even when mine had to go back at the beginning of lockdown due to a faulty brake light. I was super pissed about this as it should have shown on the PDI being that it was broken from when I got it home, but the delivery sheet had brake lights ticked. I was a little disappointed by this to tell the truth. Other than that they've been fantastic, I had my previous bike from them too and they gave me a fair PX on it when I ordered the 790.
I'm in Cheam, so not far at all and have mates staying in Carshalton near the pond.
Well I'll keep you posted on my experience using them once I take the bike in to check the oil leak.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This morning I brought my 790 D in for the first service at 600 sMILES! It was pretty uneventful.
I mentioned to the Service Technician that I thought there was oil weeping from the oil pan. He applied a little gasket seeler to the seam. Hopefully that does the trick.
I also mentioned that the engine cut off twice with the clutch in while I went to select neutral for a stop light and once while tipping into a turn and down shifting to third, not cool,. He said he would check and adjust the sensors and programming and that it would not be a problem. Let's put miles on it and see, fingers crossed.
In total it took about an hour and a half. Happily I brought a book with so it was not lost time.
Afterward I took a nice long ride. It's nice to be in sport mode. That definitely perks up the 790. I'd been using street as the revs climbed so fast toward the 6500 rpm "redline" in sport. Also quick shifter, HELLO, that's good!
I'm really enjoying this bike and with the added revs now, yeah, let's RIDE!
Bottoms Up!
Steve Stewart
My bike has done the same thing (shutting off) coming to a stop light while finding neutral , Mine also backfires quite a bit as well, and it does this crazy high revs to low revs in the morning warm up, then sometimes just shuts off, she always starts back up but I guess i'll do as you did and let them know about the quirks. CHEERS!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts