KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

First proper ride (4 days to Wales & back)

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  790Duker 
#1 ·
Hi all. Just back from my first proper ride. 4 riders, rental cottage in Rhayader.
1st day, good dry day, fun twisty roads from Buckingham to Rhayader.
2nd day, ****ING down all day, but a good chance to get to know the bike in the wet (especially as I wasn't sure of the Maxxis tyres). Great twisty roads again & the pace aloud some time to look at the scenery. Pleasantly surprised by the grip available.
3rd day, still ****ing down. Even had to hold up in a cafe for an hour & a half as rivers running over roads in places !(Snowdonia). Got back near to cottage & sun came out, so refuel & have a blast on the A483 Newtown road, both directions, 23 miles of smiles & laughing in my helmet!
Then another loop south for an hour to make up for the rain earlier.
4th day, dry & sunshine. A few hours revisiting local twisties before cross country back home.
A great opportunity to open the throttle in different conditions, which was fantastic. Faster than Suzuki 750, Tigger 800 & not far behind a KT 1290 Adventure.
This bike is everything I hoped it would be 🙂
Very happy bunny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.