KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new girl to the world of biking but wanted something beautiful, so went and got myself a 790 duke! She’s a beast so far, hoping to learn all that I can in terms of upgrades and mods before taking it to a shop to do. Based near Chepstow, UK

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Welcome Kellywoo. Enjoy the Duke and ride safely.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Greetings and welcome. You've got some cracking roads near you so my advice would be to get out as much as you can to get a feel for the bike. As standard it's very capable and only really needs upgrading when you're pushing the limits. Smaller cosmetic mods can be done pretty easily at home - like changing mirrors, levers etc or adding a screen. But you'll enjoy it all the more and learn loads if you can ride with more experienced people - you pick up way more by following others.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi all, new girl to the world of biking but wanted something beautiful, so went and got myself a 790 duke! She’s a beast so far, hoping to learn all that I can in terms of upgrades and mods before taking it to a shop to do. Based near Chepstow, UK
Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great choice. I've had my Duke just over a year now so I've listed below the updates and accessories I've added as well as their benefits. Everyone's needs and desires are different but you'll find lots of helpful advice on here as well as 'how to' explainations. Enjoy!

Fitted on delivery:
Givi crash bars - integrate nicely and provide peice of mind. not for everyone but for me were a better option than case protectors/oggy knobs etc,
Powerparts Flyscreen - looks good and saves cleaning bugs out from behind the instruments,
Comfort Seat (high) - I'm 183cm and I have a bony arse. I also have the orginal seat with a lambswool cover which works great for touring.
Crash Bobbins - front and rear - to support paddock stand.
Screen protector - protectionfilms24.com

Added later:
Akra slip on - half price 2nd hand - looks way better than standard and sounds good. Not necessary but I like it.
Powerparts Nav bracket &Tom Tom Rider 550 - easy to use, great functionalilty and I was able to hard wire it directly to the ignition via a connection behind the headlight. There's a how to here if this is of interest.
Brake pads - EBC Bike Brakes Extreme Pro Sintered Pad (EPFA244HH) Front left and right & EBC Bike Brakes Semi Sintered Pad FA213V rear. Substantial difference in feel, early bite and stopping power with the rear noticeably different also. Hands down the best bang for buck mod to date.
Tyres - Pirelli Diablo Rosso III - the stock tyres were fine and I used them up before upgrading. The Pirelli's warm up quickly, are more progressive in feel and good in the wet as well. Everyone has their opinion on tyres but I had Rosso II's on a previous bike and liked them so this was a no-brainer for me.
Nelson Rigg tailbag - needed some storage as I prefer not to wear a back pack - good size and quality and works well on the bike. Details here.
Eazi grip tank pads - I found it difficult to grip the plastic tank under braking and cornering during track days - I've only added these in the last couple of weeks so while grip is way better I'm still getting used to them. Details here

What's next - not much I think I'm all done. Hope that helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts