KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Will probably install Goldfren S33 front and rear when I wear out stock rear tyre.

Is there any special process to bleeding these brakes? Its the first ABS bike Ive owned.
I just use a clear meter piece of plastic hose that goes over the bleed nipple, (firm fit) and do the method of squeeze brake, loosen bleed nut for a split second to let oil through then close off bleed nut, release brake, pull leaver in again, loosen bleed nut tighten then release brake leaver. Standard way, and just watch for air bubbles, don't run the reservoir dry as then it will become a problem to get the air out from the ABS system.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just use a clear meter piece of plastic hose that goes over the bleed nipple, (firm fit) and do the method of squeeze brake, loosen bleed nut for a split second to let oil through then close off bleed nut, release brake, pull leaver in again, loosen bleed nut tighten then release brake leaver. Standard way, and just watch for air bubbles, don't run the reservoir dry as then it will become a problem to get the air out from the ABS system.
Yep, standard way.
Ive been using the little bottle contraption with the magnet for a few years now

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’ve change all the brake lines, so there was lots of air to deal with. Did that technique and it went great. To be perfect I should have make the abs to pulse then bleed it again. But i don’t feel it is necessary right now.

·
Registered
2018 KTM Duke 790
7 Posts

·
Premium Member
KTM 790 Duke
5 Posts
I've been using Galfer disc and pads for years on different bikes so I was pleased to find Galfer disc fitted as standard, but I have upgraded to the powerparts Galfer wavey disc and fitted Galfer sintered pads as well.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts