KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice!

To be straight, others mentioned additional brands of HH pads, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

The EBC's worked really well on my race bike, as well as street bikes, so I just continue to use that brand. :smile:
Fitted the EBC yesterday, I've been laid up sick for last 8 days ended up getting chest infection and hideous cough. On the mend and took the 790 on a 250km back road ride, and at pace with fast mates. At first the initial bite was aggressive and disconcerting, but 100kms in, pads bedded in i got used to the one finger bite, and the new found power of these brakes. Im amazed, its a the night and day difference between pads. All the complaints about the 790 brakes, and a simple solve with a quality pad. Cheers guys to those that recommended these EBC hh#### , incredible difference.:smile:

·
Super-Moderator
367 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
448 Posts
I was laid up the last 6 days with a brutal case of Diverticulitis (don't recommend it folks) but finally mustered the strength today to get out on the 790 and scrub in my new tires and brake pads.

I went for the EBC Extreme Pro (EPFA) HH's with Motul RBF 600 fluid and this upgrade is now the 2nd best upgrade I've done to the bike behind suspension work. Wow, they are unbelievable. I spun the lever adjuster out one extra crank and now the brakes are what I'd consider track worthy.

I'd rate the stockers maybe a 5/10, they are now currently an 8/10 and that massive step up all for only $200 for pads and fluid.

Two big thumbs up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd rate the stockers maybe a 5/10, they are now currently an 8/10 and that massive step up all for only $200 for pads and fluid.
great !! I’m looking forward to upgrade the brake to ! I was also looking at epfa one also but the best price I could find is about 100-105$ cad +tx+shipping per sets. May I ask where you found these?

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
448 Posts
great !! I’m looking forward to upgrade the brake to ! I was also looking at epfa one also but the best price I could find is about 100-105$ cad +tx+shipping per sets. May I ask where you found these?
Local KTM dealer here in Victoria, BC - Action Motorcycles. Their parts Manager is fantastic.

$92/card I believe. Fortnine is $105ish I think. Either way - WORTH IT!!!!

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
448 Posts
When I raced, all I heard about was EBC HH, and Vesrah's, but that's mainly what they carried track side.
My first set was RJL's for that reason - poor planning on my part and ran out of pads my last Novice weekend. Vendor had Vesrahs - guess what? - I am now a Vesrah fan - give em here! LOL...
He then did a great sell job the next season on the SRJL's - the usual "now that you're soooo much faster you'll need these" line... damn I'm gullible! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have also used Vesrah on my track bike. But cannot find any for 790 duke. Might end up with EBC EPFA HH pads.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I installed the Brembo sintered pads below and the PP wave rotors yesterday. Initial impressions are very good!

Front - 07BB1990
Rear - 07BB0258

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've used EBC in the past with great results, so I installed FA244HH front pads. Not just a marginal difference; a huge difference. If you are even slightly unhappy with the brakes, just do it. Cheap and easy to install. No reason to live with brakes you are unhappy with.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've run the HH's for 2500km now, fantastic upgrade. They didn't hit a wall like the stock pads did, but they were still really easy to modulate with. Excellent street upgrade for not a lot of dough.

Swapped in EPFA's when we were getting my Andreani's finished up. They grab a fair bit harder and they're not really bedded in yet. My new rotors have maybe 300km on them and have only met EBC HH, so they're not fully of junky stock pad material. Between the proper damping and the pads it's like dropping an anchor now. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
This was exactly what I was looking for. Someone who went frm stock to HH to EPFA. Great to know that the braking is like dropping anchors which is what I was looking for track use. I have Brembo RCS 19 and EPFA taking care of braking.

Now only thing to find out is how long they last.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Will probably install Goldfren S33 front and rear when I wear out stock rear tyre.

Is there any special process to bleeding these brakes? Its the first ABS bike Ive owned.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts