KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
A d m i n .
151,138 Posts
Look at what just arrived! Time to read and plan. Hopefully, I can get the documents on my iPad.
Awesome! Good call.

I mostly sign on here from an old laptop. Ironically, my iPhone 7 plus, as well as my iPad pro, don't work well with this forum, or most forums for that matter.

·
VIP member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I've bee thwarted in my hopes to get the info on my iPad. So, I guess I'll have to take my laptop into the garage. Bummer.

·
A d m i n .
151,138 Posts
Well, I've bee thwarted in my hopes to get the info on my iPad. So, I guess I'll have to take my laptop into the garage. Bummer.
Ahh, too bad. My iPad Pro is a year old, wish it could do all the forum functions my ancient laptop handles, :smile_big: Gettting near time for a new laptop.

So that’s the complete Service manual?

·
VIP member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, I'm gonna ask what everyone is thinking: can someone rip this?
It’s in a encrypted format that must be played from the CD it ships on. This means that, thanks to people who stole previous factory service manuals, I’ll have to either print the pages I’m working from or take my laptop into the garage with me. (What? You expect someone who produces content for a living to be down with copyright theft?) I may end up buying a cheap, used android tablet to keep the manual on since the CD has that provision.

·
VIP member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A quick update for those of you who do buy the manual: The service manual app that plays off the CD (at least on Macs) allows you to print the entire manual as a PDF to your disk. I’ve since transferred the file to iBooks on my iPad. Unfortunately, all of the hyperlinks are gone. So, I can’t click on an item in the table of contents and immediately go there, but if I add 2 to the page listed in the contents, I can jump to the right page easy peasy. So much easier than having to plug the CD drive in to my laptop every time I want to look something up.

Just thought I’d share the news.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts