KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Duke 790 2019, Duke 390 2018. Lots of scooters.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I’ve taken the passenger pegs off my 790, have a Yoshi AT2 slip on, but feel it’s exposed if dare I say it - it might go down on the right side. Are there any exhaust protectors out there? I know having the passenger peg would save the scrapes / damage but they’re ugly..! Thanx marty.

·
Registered
Duke 890 '21
79 Posts
An option that goes for your slip-on : Exhaust Protector for Yoshimura AT2 exhaust

An universal one : Amazon.fr : R&G Racing Products EP0005BK Exhaust Protector

The cheap one (that a lot of folks on the track use) : A silicon tube around your muffler.

Just my two cents tho, indeed the passenger pegs are not good looking, but I sadly got rear ended on Monday and the rear pegs, along with all the other protections took 90% of the damages (the 10% left being my rear rim..) so, think about it a second time as it is the best protection AND KTM provides additional protection for those pegs : KTM Slide Pad Kit 690/790/890/950/990 Adv/Duke/SD/Supermoto 2003-2021

·
Registered
Duke 790 2019, Duke 390 2018. Lots of scooters.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thanx Brumm. I totally realise that hence me looking around for alternatives. Trying to save 2 kg in weight with a sticking out funny bit may be peace of mind to stick em back on!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Just my two cents tho, indeed the passenger pegs are not good looking, but I sadly got rear ended on Monday and the rear pegs, along with all the other protections took 90% of the damages (the 10% left being my rear rim..) so, think about it a second time as it is the best protection AND KTM provides additional protection for those pegs : KTM Slide Pad Kit 690/790/890/950/990 Adv/Duke/SD/Supermoto 2003-2021
Add me to that list - I even added some C/F reinforced rubber sheets to the peg frames - to keep luggage abrasion at bay. But it helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts