KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
But both the 790 and 890 have the same exhaust right? I don’t understand why it wouldn’t fit? Strange
They look to be the same if you look at both side by side. Could be a small difference in the link pipe but even that is subjective.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Frankly - The stock pipe has quite a nice burble to it. It was part of what drew me to the 790 on the test ride,

I too have the Wings pipe and tbh with the dB killer in it is , I think, quieter than the stock one. With dB killer out - it's not TOO loud.
In full disclaimer mode - I also added the COOBER box with it which came with a WINGS sticker on.
Any €-approved pipe will be OK sound wise as it's the Cat-Box that really mutes the zorst.
There is a video on youtube of an Italian guy who was running his with just the cat box.

BUT - be cautious of the short low volume tail pipes. Many have shown to have a marked effect on torque and power.
Some of them are really nice looking mind you.

If it were me - I'd run it in with the stock pipe first.
How did you get the Swiss homologation? Coober would not offer any local homologation and the Swiss authorities stated very clearly that the exhaust would be illegal with EU homologation.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I've had both bikes, both exhausts have the same part number stamped on them, there is no difference, I have a modified std 790 exhaust on my 890r, and kept the original for just in case I may need it
Thank you buddy:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Akra system is different for both bikes because of the header. I can't find info to confirm if the stock header is the same or not. But if they were the same, why would the aftermarket use a different header for both bikes?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The Akra system is different for both bikes because of the header. I can't find info to confirm if the stock header is the same or not. But if they were the same, why would the aftermarket use a different header for both bikes?
Interesting indeed!! I’m going for a slip on! Im pretty sure what fits on the 790 will also on the 890!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
How did you get the Swiss homologation? Coober would not offer any local homologation and the Swiss authorities stated very clearly that the exhaust would be illegal with EU homologation.
The little flag just tells you where I appear to be on the Web - Today you'll see I am in the UK. This will change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put the Yoshimura AT2 slip-on on my brand new 890R and it's quite a bit louder and deeper than stock but not so loud as to be annoying. Bonus it works perfectly with the Yoshi tail tidy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
With stock turn signals?
Yup with stock turn signals...that's why I went with that combo, so I didn't have to worry bout melting my stock signals. Just ignore the black bit on the pipes where I wasn't paying attention and my boot became one with the hot pipe earlier today lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just because I didnt want to mess about with resistors to get them to work correctly. (I have slightly less mechanical aptitude than a coked-out squirrel)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I just put the Yoshimura AT2 slip-on on my brand new 890R and it's quite a bit louder and deeper than stock but not so loud as to be annoying. Bonus it works perfectly with the Yoshi tail tidy.
Congratulations buddy!! Where did you get all of this? Directly on their website?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yup with stock turn signals...that's why I went with that combo, so I didn't have to worry bout melting my stock signals. Just ignore the black bit on the pipes where I wasn't paying attention and my boot became one with the hot pipe earlier today lol.
View attachment 6109 View attachment 6110
The bike looks soooo sick man!!! Is the tail tidy plug and play or you gotta mess around with cutting the wires etc? And you already swiped the stock tires?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered the Yoshi stuff from Rottweiler. The tail tidy was pretty much plug and play. You have to cut the taillight/brake light before the harness but they send you heat shrink solder connectors for it, was easy as pie (well except I didn't like the way the instructions had you mount the stock taillights back up so I monkeyed with that some).

Got the tech pack and cruise control setup on it when I picked it up and have an apt Tuesday to get the factory heated grips installed on it. Broke it in on the Dyno yesterday so it's ready to ride now =)

And yeah already swapped out the stock tires, I live in Seattle and ride year-round and the stock tires were sketchy as heck in the rain and cold, so put a pair of Road 5's on there. Added a radiator guard, axle sliders etc.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ordered the Yoshi stuff from Rottweiler. The tail tidy was pretty much plug and play. You have to cut the taillight/brake light before the harness but they send you heat shrink solder connectors for it, was easy as pie (well except I didn't like the way the instructions had you mount the stock taillights back up so I monkeyed with that some).

Got the tech pack and cruise control setup on it when I picked it up and have an apt Tuesday to get the factory heated grips installed on it. Broke it in on the Dyno yesterday so it's ready to ride now =)

And yeah already swapped out the stock tires, I live in Seattle and ride year-round and the stock tires were sketchy as heck in the rain and cold, so put a pair of Road 5's on there. Added a radiator guard, axle sliders etc.
Are you going to add a frame slider?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you going to add a frame slider?
Got the KTM clutch and ignition sliders and opened the box looked at the instruction manual and got to where it said "prepare to catch oil and lay bike on its side" and said nope to that part. Not sure if I'll had a standard frame slider or not

21 - 40 of 43 Posts