KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted one of these today, what a clever design, actually enjoyed fitting it:smile:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Swear by Evotech products. Always high quality and always fit perfectly, no fiddling, filing or adjusting as with some competitor products I could mention.
I also have Evotech tail tidy (clear lamp) fitted which really cleans up the back end of the bike.
Bought KTM PP exhaust bracket to get rid of pillion pegs and PP bar end mirrors which for me work as a style and safety investment so high cost excused in this case.

·
A d m i n .
151,133 Posts
Swear by Evotech products. Always high quality and always fit perfectly, no fiddling, filing or adjusting as with some competitor products I could mention.
I also have Evotech tail tidy (clear lamp) fitted which really cleans up the back end of the bike.
Bought KTM PP exhaust bracket to get rid of pillion pegs and PP bar end mirrors which for me work as a style and safety investment so high cost excused in this case.

Welcome to the Forum..! :smile:

·
VIP member
408 Posts
I’ve had the Evotech radiator guard for quite a while and have now done three track days with it in place. Yesterday, at Buttonwillow Raceway at an ambient temperature of about 104 F, I cut a session short because the temperature gauge went up to the next to top bar. It’s never gone that high before. So, after puzzling about it for a while, I decided to take off the radiator guard while I waited for my next session. Now, I was pretty roasty-toasty after a day in the heat, and I was riding just a smidge slower in the next session. Still, the temperature gauge read one bar lower than the previous one. So, my current theory is that, when the temperature is up above 100 F, he restriction of the airflow caused by the Evotech radiator guard is enough to make he engine run hotter. Now, the engine never overheated on the track, though I did get a high temperature warning a couple times after leaving the track, idling my way to the garage, and then parking the bike.

In the future, I may remove the radiator guard when the forecast is for temps over 100. No biggie. I’m already removing the tail tidy. Removing the radiator guard only took 10 minutes with one Allen key and gloves on a hot bike.

And for those who asked, here’s a photo of the radiator guard.

Attachments

·
A d m i n .
151,133 Posts
. Still, the temperature gauge read one bar lower than the previous one. So, my current theory is that, when the temperature is up above 100 F, he restriction of the airflow caused by the Evotech radiator guard is enough to make he engine run hotter. Now, the engine never overheated on the track, though I did get a high temperature warning a couple times after leaving the track, idling my way to the garage, and then parking the bike.

In the future, I may remove the radiator guard when the forecast is for temps over 100. No biggie. I’m already removing the tail tidy. Removing the radiator guard only took 10 minutes with one Allen key and gloves on a hot bike.

And for those who asked, here’s a photo of the radiator guard.
Interesting observation on the temp difference! Ev’s Are you running the regular stock coolant only? Have you had any luck with engine ice or equivalent?

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Interesting observation on the temp difference! Ev’s Are you running the regular stock coolant only? Have you had any luck with engine ice or equivalent?
I had this question months ago!! I am waiting to see if anyone runs engine ice. I have a few bottles sitting in my garage I have been contemplating on putting in there! I swore by it with my R1. Ran at least 10-15 degrees cooler.

·
A d m i n .
151,133 Posts
I had this question months ago!! I am waiting to see if anyone runs engine ice. I have a few bottles sitting in my garage I have been contemplating on putting in there! I swore by it with my R1. Ran at least 10-15 degrees cooler.
I do remember you asking that question in another thread, was curious if it made a difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts