KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried or fitted the Evotech Frame sliders? They are rather expensive, but seem to get the best reviews and seem to be the best out for the 790.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice!
Thx for the pics. I was thinking of purchasing them as well.

"Hypothetically" in case of tipping the bike, do you think they are long enough to restrict any part of the engine to touch the ground? Does it say somewhere how much they weight?
Cheers!
I would combine them with the case savers on either side because you want to ensure two points of contact. With both the case protection and sliders in place, there is no way the engine or radiator will touch the ground.

I should have weighed them before installing but they can't weigh more than 3-5lbs.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Navy! The original pics online from Evotech make them look like they stick out a foot! I was a bit worried about that, but they look great. I was contemplating the case sliders as well....I should do a tipping test to see, but I am going to pick up a set of these sliders now. Appreciate the responses and added info gents!

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I threw a few pics up in the What did you do today thread. I really like the way they look on the bike. Not overbearing and seem to look pretty stock, I feel better now while riding.

·
Registered
181 Posts
@Chic - reviving this thread with a question about the EvoTech bars...

I think they do look great and suite the bike, and seem really nicely designed with two mounting bolts to the frame and the connecting bar across the top coupling both sides.

How difficult were they to fit? I'm thinking about getting them but concerned that they might be awkward to fit, particularly releasing the existing engine/frame bolts - I've busted tools before trying to undo factory (over) torqued bolt.

·
VIP member
417 Posts

I think they do look great and suite the bike, and seem really nicely designed with two mounting bolts to the frame and the connecting bar across the top coupling both sides.

How difficult were they to fit? I'm thinking about getting them but concerned that they might be awkward to fit, particularly releasing the existing engine/frame bolts - I've busted tools before trying to undo factory (over) torqued bolt.
I had no problem installing mine. Pretty easy job, actually.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

The bolts came out fine with a little elbow grease. I followed the instructions pretty much exactly. Although the bars going across were a bit of a tight fit, once I got the whole thing in place in and loosely bolted up, I was able to ensure wire routing and clearances and it fit perfectly. Make sure you torque the bolts back to spec when done. Overall, it was a pretty easy job. Took me about 45 mins or so after I had everything laid out and instructions reviewed. I like to take my time an ensure I do it right.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for that @Chic - I am the same in reviewing absolutely everything and making plan - then go steady and methodical.

I think it's just breaking the existing bolts that was bothering me - they always seem over-torqued from the factory to me!

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for that @Chic - I am the same in reviewing absolutely everything and making plan - then go steady and methodical.

I think it's just breaking the existing bolts that was bothering me - they always seem over-torqued from the factory to me!

Yea I was worried about that as well. Took me a few minutes to get over doing that. Speaking of this, I need to check the bolts again just to make sure they are still tight! probably a good thing to do periodically!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Indeed - from memory I think there's a reminder to check on the last page of the install instructions.

I had a single once that used to shake various bolts loose on a regular basis even with thread lock!

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll be honest, I kinda like that look. Sorta looks like a 1290 with that engine casing on it. For the most protection, I think this is it. For the price, it looks about the same as the Evotech ones. I guess it's what you like more. I thought I saw that on a site in the US for like $500 or something, which is why I never gave it a thought.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts