KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! :smile_big:

Just came back from an unscheduled trip through a couple of countries in Europe (The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland and Germany). Did about 4000 km on this one trip and had the best time of my life, so I thought I would go ahead and share it, maybe I can inspire some people to go ahead and just travel around with their bike.
Took me about 2 weeks to complete the entire trip.

Yes as I said, unscheduled. So I just decided to leave one day with only a backpack and a little pillion bag, where I carried all my clothes and necessary equipment in. Didn't even arrange some place to stay for most of the nights. Even spend a couple of nights sleeping at airports at nearby cities 😅😅. It is not easy doing this when you are 22 and on a budget so I had to improvise 😋.

I have some pictures of the bike during the trip and will add them to this post. Yeah might even add a selfie or so.
And yes I know the windshield is really ugly, would rather photoshop it away, but it is very handy on the highway if you make such a trip so...🤷*♂

Btw keep in mind that my bike is the 790 Duke L 35 KW version.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys! :smile_big:

Just came back from an unscheduled trip through a couple of countries in Europe (The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland and Germany). Did about 4000 km on this one trip and had the best time of my life, so I thought I would go ahead and share it, maybe I can inspire some people to go ahead and just travel around with their bike.
Took me about 2 weeks to complete the entire trip.

Yes as I said, unscheduled. So I just decided to leave one day with only a backpack and a little pillion bag, where I carried all my clothes and necessary equipment in. Didn't even arrange some place to stay for most of the nights. Even spend a couple of nights sleeping at airports at nearby cities 😅😅. It is not easy doing this when you are 22 and on a budget so I had to improvise 😋.

I have some pictures of the bike during the trip and will add them to this post. Yeah might even add a selfie or so.
And yes I know the windshield is really ugly, would rather photoshop it away, but it is very handy on the highway if you make such a trip so...🤷*♂

Btw keep in mind that my bike is the 790 Duke L 35 KW version.
Wow! That's a great trip. I reckon the screen doesn't look so bad at all - what brand/model is it I wonder?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice trip! Nice bike! Bravoo

In my opinion the windshield looks very good. There's nothing to worry about. I have the same touring windshield for my motorcycle, but I installed it only for longer trips. For commuting, I use the PP Fly Screen that also keeps me from the wind. Both are very good.

It looks like the parts from the post are the following but maybe I'm wrong:

Tail bag: Qbag Tail Bag 3
Windshield: KTM PowerParts - Clear (64108908033)

Regards,
Momo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Amazing pictures! How do you like the limited A2 version so far?

Owning one myself I have to say the throttle is not so smooth in a busy city, and overtaking huge trucks on the highway is always an adventure!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! That's a great trip. I reckon the screen doesn't look so bad at all - what brand/model is it I wonder?
Nice trip! Nice bike! Bravoo

In my opinion the windshield looks very good. There's nothing to worry about. I have the same touring windshield for my motorcycle, but I installed it only for longer trips. For commuting, I use the PP Fly Screen that also keeps me from the wind. Both are very good.

It looks like the parts from the post are the following but maybe I'm wrong:

Tail bag: Qbag Tail Bag 3
Windshield: KTM PowerParts - Clear (64108908033)

Regards,
Momo
Momo has a great eye as you can see, he knows his stuff. Those are the exact parts that I have used on the bike.

Exactly, the windshield gets used only for those longer trips, because it definitely is very handy! :grin: But I still can't quite comply with the look of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super-Moderator
366 Posts
Would you be so kind as to share the route you took?

Looks like an awesome trip, I need to get my ducks in a row and organise a trip early next year.

Just kidding I don’t have any ducks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah can do! Just need some time to go back to the google maps thingy and trace the route back.

When I have everything I will try to somehow share it on here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Absolutely fantastic. Never done a solo tour but thinking recently about getting away to the south in the mountains for a while. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Ant1GOV-

Kudos to you man, great trip.

No one here would knock that windshield, especially on a trip such as yours. As also mentioned above though by dma you can paint or wrap your windshield to make it more "stealth". Nice to know that the screen you have is a good highway companion.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts