KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took a month to get it but it was worth the wait. I just installed my Ermax 31mm sport screen and it it perfect.

My goal for a screen was two fold. 1. Provide a bit of wind protection. 2. Give the front of the bike a more finished look while stopping those pesky bugs from splatting in all those nooks and crannies (hard to clean areas) that adorn the front end of my delightful little machine.

Took a short ride to test it out and could not be happier. It does exactly what I was hoping it would do and looks pretty cool too.

I did not want a very tall screen as they typically direct turbulent air right at the bottom of your helmet which makes for lots of extra noise and also introduces helmet buffeting.
The turbulent air from this screen hits me at about 2 or 3 inches below the bottom of my helmet while still providing noticeable wind protection. If I really wanted wind protection I would have bought a Gold Wing;)

The quality of the screen and mounting hardware is first class and the install was a breeze. I highly recommend this unit.

Motor vehicle Motorcycle Mode of transport Fuel tank Glass
Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Carbon Fuel tank Bicycle accessory
Bicycle accessory Motorcycle Glass Motorcycle accessories Bicycle handlebar
Motorcycle Automotive lighting Rim Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Motorcycle Automotive lighting Fender Fuel tank Carbon
Motor vehicle Tire Motorcycle Automotive tire Fuel tank
Motor vehicle Automotive design Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire
Carbon Shadow Yard Cylinder Backyard
Motor vehicle Motorcycle Glass Automotive mirror Fender

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you like it, I feel the same after 18 months of use. Have you tried it in the dark yet? There's a lot of light scatter from the headlight which is very distracting. Refer to: Windshield Options Out There , post 151 for the fix I did if night riding presents a problem.

Cheers,

Geoff
Thanks Geoff.

The light scatter won't be an issue for me as I just don't do dark.

Did you get the 31cm like mine or the more rounded top 32mm model?

Cheers.

Registered
Looks good, I wish Ermax made a smaller version of this. Bridge the gap between this and th PP fly screen.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good, I wish Ermax made a smaller version of this. Bridge the gap between this and th PP fly screen.
You can always cut it down to the size of your liking. I have done that more than once on previous bikes.

Premium Member
You can always cut it down to the size of your liking. I have done that more than once on previous bikes.
Absolutely! Always worth trying it first for size and effectiveness and then trimming it if you want. Personally, I don't think it looks big at all in real life and the side shot below shows how well it blends into the bike. It also provides a shield for the GPS.
Land vehicle Vehicle Plant Sky Automotive tire

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: One thing I do notice after installing the screen is the display goes into dim mode more frequently than before I added the screen.

Guessing it must shade the light sensor. When I ride in bright sunshine it does not happen, but if I ride into some shadows it will go into dim mode. A little annoying but not a deal killer. Would imagine any dark screen would have the same effect.

Registered
It took a month to get it but it was worth the wait. I just installed my Ermax 31mm sport screen and it it perfect.

My goal for a screen was two fold. 1. Provide a bit of wind protection. 2. Give the front of the bike a more finished look while stopping those pesky bugs from splatting in all those nooks and crannies (hard to clean areas) that adorn the front end of my delightful little machine.

Took a short ride to test it out and could not be happier. It does exactly what I was hoping it would do and looks pretty cool too.

I did not want a very tall screen as they typically direct turbulent air right at the bottom of your helmet which makes for lots of extra noise and also introduces helmet buffeting.
The turbulent air from this screen hits me at about 2 or 3 inches below the bottom of my helmet while still providing noticeable wind protection. If I really wanted wind protection I would have bought a Gold Wing;)

The quality of the screen and mounting hardware is first class and the install was a breeze. I highly recommend this unit.

View attachment 5917 View attachment 5918 View attachment 5919 View attachment 5920 View attachment 5921 View attachment 5922 View attachment 5923 View attachment 5924 View attachment 5925
Nice. I just ordered same one a month ago, still waiting. But yeah i agree it's a nice size to give some protection and keep at some bugs off. :)

Premium Member
Update: One thing I do notice after installing the screen is the display goes into dim mode more frequently than before I added the screen.

Guessing it must shade the light sensor. When I ride in bright sunshine it does not happen, but if I ride into some shadows it will go into dim mode. A little annoying but not a deal killer. Would imagine any dark screen would have the same effect.
Yep, mine does exactly that too. Before I bought the bike (exactly 2 years ago today!), ride reports on the internet all mentioned this trait. I can honestly say it's never bothered me. I must be the only one 馃榿

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.