KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased the Ergo Pillion Seat for my 890 (it didn't come with a rear seat) so I can remove the cowl cover and strap a bag on top. Part # 64107947000. Snaps in but doesn't cover the entire area. (See photo). What am I doing wrong?
Vehicle Auto part Car Car seat Subcompact car

G

·
wally-

A new 890 R "should" have come with everything to make it passenger capable. If you bought it new, go and complain to the dealer, as others have posted that their new 890s came with the needed parts (passenger seat (complete), passenger footpegs, bolts, etc.).

The passenger seat is actually two pieces. There is a cushion and a frame, that the cushion bolts to. If you buy it from KTM, it comes complete (seat and frame- Item #22 in pic). However, if you already have a complete stock seat, then you can just upgrade the cushion to the PP comfort cushion.

I also learned the hard way that if you want to use one of the aftermarket back seat rack replacements out there (Hepco&Becker, Twisted Throttle, etc.), you still need the frame portion. Because of this, I ordered a whole new complete passenger seat, so I can have a passenger setup and a rack setup.

·
Registered
2020 Duke 890 R
50 Posts
looks like you have the wrong pillion. Give your dealer a call and see if they can locate the box that contains your pillion and passenger pegs. My 890R came with them, a small tool kit in an off color orange toolbag, and neoprene folder with a bunch of stuff in it (owners manual, notebook, pen)

·
Registered
20 Posts
wally-

A new 890 R "should" have come with everything to make it passenger capable. If you bought it new, go and complain to the dealer, as others have posted that their new 890s came with the needed parts (passenger seat (complete), passenger footpegs, bolts, etc.).

The passenger seat is actually two pieces. There is a cushion and a frame, that the cushion bolts to. If you buy it from KTM, it comes complete (seat and frame- Item #22 in pic). However, if you already have a complete stock seat, then you can just upgrade the cushion to the PP comfort cushion.

I also learned the hard way that if you want to use one of the aftermarket back seat rack replacements out there (Hepco&Becker, Twisted Throttle, etc.), you still need the frame portion. Because of this, I ordered a whole new complete passenger seat, so I can have a passenger setup and a rack setup.

View attachment 4792
I have the HB sport rack on mine but the instructions said nothing about using the seat frame, it came with foam to fill the gaps between the rack and the tail of the bike. I replaced the crappy foam it came with neoprene to fill the gaps but it's not ideal.

It locks like the frame won't fit under the HB rack, the front hooks get in the way. Do you happen to have a pic of how yours is mounted?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wally-

View attachment 4792
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. At delivery I received all kinds of stuff including pillion pegs, grab rail, hardware to mount but no seat. When I asked, I was told that the seat is not included. When I said that it doesn't make sense that I received pegs etc., was told that the "rep" said that it isn't included but can be ordered. Went through
Text Document Paper Font Paper product
my papers and found a packing list and clearly fifth item from the bottom is passenger seat complete. Took your advice, went to the dealer and politely complained to the owner: voila! Came out of the back room with the seat with a respectful apology. All's well that ends well.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
H&B rack does NOT use the KTM part - SW-Motech rack does.
Thanks for clarification. Wish I would have known that before I bought the HB, it's a sturdy piece but the fit leaves huge gaps into the tail compartment.

I sealed it up with tons of neoprene tape, it doesn't really show and should keep the tail from filling up with water if I get caught in the rain

I have a "royster" tail bag on order but for now I bolted a KTM tail bag directly to the rack (I would prefer to mount it using the HB system but can't seem to successfully order the parts anywhere). I think it looks pretty good and gives me a bit of storage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts