KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, have been loving my 790 duke I got my tyres changed yesterday and went for a little spin to test them and to me the engine seems noisier when letting off the throttle, its a fast paced rattle and you can hear it when accelerating a bit (got full system so hard to hear)
I don't know why after the tyre change my ears picked it up, so i don't know if its normal I don't think I heard it before but it does seem louder.
Putting my head near the engine it is rattly in between the downpipes so possibly cam chain?
It's only done around 6k miles.
How loud is your engine?
Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I took a video of the bike idling but I have not got anything to record it while riding.
Can you post videos on this forum?
I don't wear earplugs you might be right haha and thanks.
I will take it to my ktm dealer when they are open.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Checked it but they were tight, thanks though.
I took it to my local dealer today he said the camchain was a bit rattly and said the tensioner could be in between clicks and it should get quieter on its own.
It will get a service soon and he said he will take the head off and check tappets ect.

Has anyone experienced this? And do you think it will get less rattly on its own its been like it for about a week now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Just tried testing when I can hear the rattling idling it is louder, giving it throttle to about 6k revs you can hear the rattle (probably after that as well exhaust is Loud) , pulling the clutch in while rolling the rattle dulls a little then letting the clutch out the rattle gets louder and a little faster if that helps.

Registered
Just tried testing when I can hear the rattling idling it is louder, giving it throttle to about 6k revs you can hear the rattle (probably after that as well exhaust is Loud) , pulling the clutch in while rolling the rattle dulls a little then letting the clutch out the rattle gets louder and a little faster if that helps.
All clutches rattle to some extent, on all bikes. When you pull the clutch lever in, the rattle diminishes. That reduction is what you're hearing. It's not anything to do with the other rattle, which is either the typical KTM engine noise, most noticeable when the engine's cold, or possibly a cam chain tensioner issue. My local dealer listened to my engine, and says it's highly likely the former, but will check it properly when the engine's cold, when it's in for a replacement valve cover gasket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts