KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
New superduke is Eicma early November?
Oh I see you’ve just posted that up on elsewhere JD. Doh.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well its already been speculated that our 790s will be 890s to comply with shitty new euro5 emissions (dont expect any major power gains)

That being said if they made an rc890 or even an rc1290 id be happy to see it happen. Also a rc1290 would solidify my next bike purchase =)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Certainly seems like some new 490's are in the cards...possibly an 890, which I don't have much interest in because it pushes the bike into a different racing class for me.

Pretty sure a 1290 SDR is also in the cards

EDIT: Would love a 490 Sumo....

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
242 Posts
All rumors, and I rarely believe anything from this source), but several small "publications" are suggesting Honda told them that their inbound 2020 CBR1K will be more powerful than anything on the WSBK field, I find this difficult to believe? I suppose we'll see, very soon at the Tokyo Motor Show..

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/370479/2020-honda-cbr1000rr-tokyo-show-october/

Oh, and this one..

https://motoridersuniverse.com/news/1254319-honda-cbr1000rr-rumor-the-2020-edition.html
I feel like there is a rumor every year how Honda is gonna build the most insane liter bike ever. Hopefully it’s true this year!

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
242 Posts
I feel like there is a rumor every year how Honda is gonna build the most insane liter bike ever. Hopefully it’s true this year!
They wouldn't of been able to snipe Bautista unless they had a pretty **** good incoming bike...I'm hearing 205-208bhp+
I think they sniped Bautista because his results went into the dumpster halfway through the season. He is clearly on a bike capable of winning at Ducati and going to something untested doesn’t sound like a good bet. I do hope they make a new bike though, Honda is due for one!

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They wouldn't of been able to snipe Bautista unless they had a pretty **** good incoming bike...I'm hearing 205-208bhp+
I'd love to see even more of their technology from the RC213V-S V4 motoGP replica, trickle down to a reasonable priced V4 superbike. :wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
well its already been speculated that our 790s will be 890s to comply with shitty new euro5 emissions (dont expect any major power gains)

That being said if they made an rc890 or even an rc1290 id be happy to see it happen. Also a rc1290 would solidify my next bike purchase =)
Euro 5 has has been on the horizon for ages, there is no way KTM would have designed the 790 engine without it being Euro 5 compliant already.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'd love to see even more of their technology from the RC213V-S V4 motoGP replica, trickle down to a reasonable priced V4 superbike. :wink:
Maybe just maybe.
Funny thing is I’d be mildly interested if Honda came out with this.
Trouble is a reasonable priced sports bike is £16k upwards nowadays.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts