KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
Well, that complicates things...
LOL... If you read this site regularly as I believe you do, you'll see that roughly 50% of the entire posts on this forum are centered around tuning, reflashing, cracking the ECU, etc... Coobers, PCV's, Dongles, doohicky's, magic potions - all on the "must have" list for the dedicated Orange Kool-aid drinkers that we are.

From my highly untechnical viewpoint - there is simply NO effective way to get measurable and substantial power gains as with most other bikes. We're talking 2-4hp with a PCV, maybe toss in another 2-3 ponies with a custom dyno tune. Unless your number plate has 93, 46, 04, etc... on it your butt dyno isn't gonna notice a 5-7hp or 6-8% gain.

If there's other reasons you're interested in ECU modifying like timing, fueling, top speed limiter deactivation(was on my FZ09 but not on this 790 I don't believe), correcting the A/F ratio, etc... then that's a personal preference.

Having said all that, today a member posted that Woolich - one of the largest ECU code writers on earth - seemingly have just released a flash. Fingers crossed, the Woolich tune I had as a base map on my ZX6R racebike a couple years ago was amazing.

·
VIP member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not greedy. I just want to fatten up the dip in the midrange. It’s where I spend most of my sport riding time. Oh, and I’d like to get rid of that *#[email protected]&#*$ error message I get from my turn signals.

A friend of mine works at an ECU tuning company, and I approached him about developing a flash for the 790. He was interested but said it might not be possible, given the available time, with the Bosch ECU. That was the root of my question.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
I’m not greedy. I just want to fatten up the dip in the midrange. It’s where I spend most of my sport riding time. Oh, and I’d like to get rid of that *#[email protected]&#*$ error message I get from my turn signals.

A friend of mine works at an ECU tuning company, and I approached him about developing a flash for the 790. He was interested but said it might not be possible, given the available time, with the Bosch ECU. That was the root of my question.
Rottweiler custom PCV with their file preloaded does just that - 7 extra hp right in the midrange!

Dynojet PowerCommander V for KTM 790 Duke - rottweilerperformance

·
Registered
843 Posts
Having said all that, today a member posted that Woolich - one of the largest ECU code writers on earth - seemingly have just released a flash. Fingers crossed, the Woolich tune I had as a base map on my ZX6R racebike a couple years ago was amazing.
My understanding is that getting the FLASH in is the issue on the Bosch. Sadly not like the Keihin that Alain gave us access to with TuneECU.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re-flash seams to be possible, a local company is doing it, but they are honest enough to tell you it works only short time, they are not able to rewrite the bottom layer, there the ktm communication is stored and all the main info, they only can re-write the running system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts