KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

eBay DeCat Link Pipe

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  648 
#1 ·
Just received this today. $59 on eBay in the USA with shipping included. Took just 9 days to arrive.

Looks very solidly made (feels a bit heavier than I expected but not going to break!). Will be likely a few weeks till I get it placed on the bike, will be doing in conjunction with a Rottweiler system and airbox mod. I plan to do some sound recordings and sound level before and after.

Any idea anyone what the two bent bits of metal under the springs are?

Also I have NO idea why it came with the Arkapovic label?!?!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
If I had to guess, the two bits of metal under the spring, are pieces that could be welded on, to custom fit whichever exhaust you chose, utilizing the springs to secure the two bits (after welded in place).

I've been following that one on ebay also, as I was wondering what the vast difference in price was between the premium brands, and this one made in china. It's just a pipe, to replace the Cat, haha.

#8 ·
Not hating but why would anyone buy a Chinese part for a bike that beautiful? Everyting about this bike is so well made, with the best materials and then you are going to fit rubbish parts that look like ****? Might be me but I don't get it. Ok, it's cheaper but keep in mind you bought the most expensive bike in it's range, doesn't that deserve premium parts?

#9 ·
You bring up a very valid point, and I have recently reconsidered buying any copy parts.

However, (I've not yet purchased this pipe, as I am considering other alternatives), the pipe is mostly obscured by the swingarm and underneath the moto.
I'm having trouble justifying spending $250- on a simple, cat replacement pipe that should sell for $50-, but perhaps I'm being frugal, wouldn't be the first time, :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.