KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that my 790 Duke is once again at the dealer awaiting a major warranty repair, I wonder if I'll ever be able to trust my bike. How about you 890r owners. Do you trust your bike ? I know you love it but do you trust it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Being that my 790 Duke is once again at the dealer awaiting a major warranty repair, I wonder if I'll ever be able to trust my bike. How about you 890r owners. Do you trust your bike ? I know you love it but do you trust it.
Don’t know about the 890 but nearly three years on, not one problem with my 790 (a couple of minor things fixed at first service). Must be the rider😀😀.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Being that my 790 Duke is once again at the dealer awaiting a major warranty repair
Oh man; sorry to hear that. But could you please share with us what is it, and what else have you had to deal with? And finally, how many miles total, how long have you owned it, and did you buy it new? Thank you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
LOL, i have the alfa romeo stelvio and 790, walking on thin ice 24/7
To be fair, I had some CELs when it was new but I do most of my one work now and even did a tune. Yes, the engine is $40k if I blow it but all of my issues have been with the OEM software. The thing runs like a dream.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gotcha. I’ve had zero issues so far but I bought it under warranty for quality concerns. I also have a N54 e90 bmw that breaks down daily so I know my way around a car pretty well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh man; sorry to hear that. But could you please share with us what is it, and what else have you had to deal with? And finally, how many miles total, how long have you owned it, and did you buy it new? Thank you.
See my thread
Oil leak around water pump

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine has been absolutely free of issues other than a turn signal head falling off of the stalk. Have no idea why it came loose as the bike was never dropped.

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
You are in a Duke forum. This is where people come to b*tch and/or to share and/or to find advice about issues. I think there is, very probably, a silent majority of people that own a Duke, are not writing here and have no significant issues with their bike. Mine is as trouble free as bikes go.

I am sleeping well with all of my bikes. And if I have an issue, I fix it and keep riding. Losing sleep about riding is more about safety, in some cases, then about technical issues.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are in a Duke forum. This is where people come to b*tch and/or to share and/or to find advice about issues. I think there is, very probably, a silent majority of people that own a Duke, are not writing here and have no significant issues with their bike. Mine is as trouble free as bikes go.

I am sleeping well with all of my bikes. And if I have an issue, I fix it and keep riding. Losing sleep about riding is more about safety, in some cases, then about technical issues.
Well said.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
What is a major warranty repair you speak of?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What is a major warranty repair you speak of?
KTM was originally going to ship numerous parts to replace defect in upper engine casing near/involving the water pump cover but now will replace with New engine. :) KTM has earned more of my business as I'm now confident enough they'll standing behind their product . Therefore, I'm moving forward to add an 890R if I can find one being sold new without freight prep charges, but this might impossible giving the shrinking 890r supply. Going to keep my 790 once I get it back because I'd lose too much selling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i realise this is an old post but thought i'd mention i retired my 790 to a track bike with 65,000km's trouble free and i give the engine a hard time....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Don’t know about the 890 but nearly three years on, not one problem with my 790 (a couple of minor things fixed at first service). Must be the rider😀😀.
Same here. My 790 has 12000 miles. Not a thing. The bike has a tiny oil seep. Dealer said ez fix no charge. When you bring it in for the valves I’ll take care of if.
I am very happy with this bike. With the addition of the Austrian made Coober fuel regulator, open air box and unrestricted Wings pipe it makes 106 hp and ample torque. Very close to the &90 in stock. For me this bike lacks nothing.
I’ll be riding it on the track in July for the level 3
CA SUPERBIKE SCHOOL at The Ridge in Shelton WA. I’ll be celebrating my 81st birthday.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts