KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
447 Posts
Not really. 790's is possessive. 790s is plural. He was correct but it could be construed as a specific model except that most model naming would have a capital "s", as in 790S.
I asked if it made sense, not if it was grammatically accurate.

Make sense???????????????

·
136 Posts
Huh?! Does 790's make sense? No is the answer. 790s is what he said and what he meant. You started the grammatical issue with your "correction" as to what he meant.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
447 Posts
Huh?! Does 790's make sense? No is the answer. 790s is what he said and what he meant. You started the grammatical issue with your "correction" as to what he meant.
For someone who lives in the birthplace of Bourbon and so close to the Dragon and other amazing roads - you sure are a tad high strung huh?

Let me rephrase it then, I assumed if I articulated my answer how I did, the point would be made - grammar be damned. You are correct of course and it wasn't perfect english. I (falsely) assumed that we all kind of gave each other a pass on such trivial things and were more concerned about the actual message. You strike me as the kind of person who would reject a winning lottery ticket if a corner was bent, sad...

·
136 Posts
[

For someone who lives in the birthplace of Bourbon and so close to the Dragon and other amazing roads - you sure are a tad high strung huh?...

You strike me as the kind of person who would reject a winning lottery ticket if a corner was bent, sad...
My, my my, that's awfully personal. I don't understand.

From the very beginning, a better first response would have been, "Good point. You're right. Thanks."

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
447 Posts
This makes no sense at all to me. If your spelling and grammar is so bad that you can't communicate, you really ought to look at yourself rather than blaming others for your problem.
Alrighty then...

Group hug, apologies all around.

Off to Moderator Sensitivity Training I go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts