KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen any links to forum members' videos of their rides.
I hope to be posting ones like this one, but with my 790, in the spring.
Just for grins and giggles.......here is a short one on the Ducati XDiavel
Lehigh Valley, PA
(Allentown)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I t-boned a deer once. Scariest motorcycle moment of my life. In the night, fog, running 90mph, 2 lane road. Out the mist is a huge deer with monster antlers on the shoulder. I slam on the brakes, he jumps in front of the headlight beam, and I must have went through him at about 15-20mph. He went up and over and disappeared. Bike stayed upright and running. Fairing smashed to bits. My knee dented the steel tank of my Honda VTR1000F Superhawk and I had fur stuck to my pants. The whole ride home was contemplating if I'd ever ride again.... I do.

·
A d m i n .
151,022 Posts
Pics and vid section? Oh crap, I apologize
Thanks for putting it in the correct place and me straight.
No worries at all, I move stuff around all the time. :smile_big:

We have issues with the deer here on Long Island, NY as well, they just don't seem to cull enough of them during hunting season, (no natural predators), so I occasionally have similar encounters. :surprise:

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
492 Posts
That's not a deer vs bike video, mine from 15 years ago is an actual deer vs bike vid! :)

- I'm the lead rider
- action happens at 15 seconds in
- I was on a 2002 Kawi ZX9R
- yes the deer died (cut in half), no I didn't, but....
- broken femur, ribs, collarbone, collapsed lung = 18 week recovery and ongoing issues 15 years later.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Feck! - and that was just a little one!.

Here our caution is directed more at Wild Boar. Hitting one of those and the engine of your car ends up in the back seat. But near my mum's in the UK there are deer families wandering at the side of major roads. And they have no fear of traffic any more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts