KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine came with passenger pegs, a grab rail, and a solo cover. If it was supposed to come with a pillion seat, I would use it along with my tail bag to avoid scratching the solo cover.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, it does come with a pillion seat. I had a hard time getting my tail bag to work with the pillion seat because of the limited clearance between seat and tail, and how tight the seat base fit when latched. I unscrewed the seat top from the base, and ran my tail bag straps between the two, re-securing the top and base back together with the screws. Now the seat attaches as intended, and my tail bag is even MORE secure than expected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, it does come with a pillion seat. I had a hard time getting my tail bag to work with the pillion seat because of the limited clearance between seat and tail, and how tight the seat base fit when latched. I unscrewed the seat top from the base, and ran my tail bag straps between the two, re-securing the top and base back together with the screws. Now the seat attaches as intended, and my tail bag is even MORE secure than expected.
I did something similar with my 10r.. but I used the bolts on the under side of the pillion seat.
I cut two tiny cross slits through the straps from the tailbag, then melted the slits once I pushed the bolts through to avoid the fraying.
Rebolted it. I only ran the tailbag on the street - cowl was for the track. Worked great.
Not sure what the underside looks like on the 890r seat - but who knows - this might be an option too.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe these bikes have the pillion cowl cover installed and pillion footpegs NOT installed. My dealer did it half-assed. Without asking me they installed the pegs and seat, but when I asked about the cowl that was supposed to be there they said, oh, no, it doesn't come with that.

I showed them a pic from their own website that showed the bike in the condition it is supposed to be delivered... no pegs (but supplied), no seat (supplied), cowl (installed).

So they looked around and found it and shipped it to me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe these bikes have the pillion cowl cover installed and pillion footpegs NOT installed. My dealer did it half-assed. Without asking me they installed the pegs and seat, but when I asked about the cowl that was supposed to be there they said, oh, no, it doesn't come with that.

I showed them a pic from their own website that showed the bike in the condition it is supposed to be delivered... no pegs (but supplied), no seat (supplied), cowl (installed).

So they looked around and found it and shipped it to me.
I had the same from the dealer that I bought mine from. They had it pictured on their website with the pillion seat and passenger footpegs installed and it was very confusing because every other picture and video I had seen on the 890 showed only a seat cowl on it with no passenger seat. When I bought my bike, I had to remind the salesman several times (he told me to) to include the seat cowl as it was in a box that they got when they received the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts