KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TFT screen seems like it could be easily damaged. How do you avoid damage? Is it worth putting on a screen protector?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I use a Speedo Angels screen protector. Easy to fit and does the job. You do need to tell them to stop bombarding you with marketing junk after purchasing though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ditto on the Speedo angel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Definately worth protecting the screen. Mine had the dreaded 'white dots' with a week or so. I went with 3x BROTECT AirGlass Matte from these guys. The first delivery never got to me but they resent another set ASAP with no issues. It was really easy to put on (I bought the 3 pack so I'd have a spare for down the track and another if I stuffed up the application). I do find though that it does make the information on the screen less clear. It's still readable but not as 'sharp'. Perhaps this one would be better if you have ageing eyes like mine or prefer sharper detail. I also bought some black sweat/wrist bands from ebay and used these to cover the brake master cylinder in case of leakage onto the screen.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Definately worth protecting the screen. Mine had the dreaded 'white dots' with a week or so. I went with 3x BROTECT AirGlass Matte from these guys. The first delivery never got to me but they resent another set ASAP with no issues. It was really easy to put on (I bought the 3 pack so I'd have a spare for down the track and another if I stuffed up the application). I do find though that it does make the information on the screen less clear. It's still readable but not as 'sharp'. Perhaps this one would be better if you have ageing eyes like mine or prefer sharper detail. I also bought some black sweat/wrist bands from ebay and used these to cover the brake master cylinder in case of leakage onto the screen.
I have the Brotect too. Their stuff is great on all sorts of screens. In hindsight the anti reflective was a mistake. Plus ime if the sun is behind you - it basically becomes a white screen.

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
416 Posts
I am employing the twofer method...2 for the price of 1.

Ermax 31 cm screen provides both wind protection and also bug and rock protection for the instrument screen.

Love it when the plan comes together.
PXL_20201219_214534587.jpg

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
416 Posts
can yo give more photos of that fly screen plz
Here is a post I made about the screen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts