KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yoo

So i already orderd a screen protector for the ktm screen wich also said it had anti glare wich i want to check because when i test road the ktm the screen didn't read all that well with the sun on it..

Anyone already got this on his bike? Effect?

Grtz Seppe

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
Yoo

So i already orderd a screen protector for the ktm screen wich also said it had anti glare wich i want to check because when i test road the ktm the screen didn't read all that well with the sun on it..

Anyone already got this on his bike? Effect?

Grtz Seppe
no I tilted the display back as far as possible, I find its easy to read

·
Registered
13 Posts
speedo angels screen protector.

Hi Mate. I live in England and fitted the speedo screen protector. Great value and it does stop a lot of glare. Overall I was very pleased with it. Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
no I tilted the display back as far as possible, I find its easy to read

That's odd, I looked at mine and the screen position is fixed, even if it was possible to move then it would only move about 2 mm.

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone else have trouble with the screen constantly switching from day mode to night mode and back to day mode. Even on a 25C sunny day the screen will switch to night mode going through shade from an overhanging tree, so then I come out of the shaded area and can't read the screen because it is still in night mode.

Seems to switch to night mode really quickly and take ages to switch back to day mode.

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
That's odd, I looked at mine and the screen position is fixed, even if it was possible to move then it would only move about 2 mm.

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone else have trouble with the screen constantly switching from day mode to night mode and back to day mode. Even on a 25C sunny day the screen will switch to night mode going through shade from an overhanging tree, so then I come out of the shaded area and can't read the screen because it is still in night mode.

Seems to switch to night mode really quickly and take ages to switch back to day mode.
They all do this, you are correct its a bit too sensitive to "low" light and the delay is a bit to long to return to daylight

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts

The whole display can be moved up and down the degree of movement depends upon handle bar position and cables

·
Super-Moderator
367 Posts

It bugged me for awhile in the beginning, but got used to it after a few days, barely notice it anymore.
Spend most of the time looking ahead rather than down at the dash to be honest :grin:

·
Wish You Were Here
619 Posts
It bugged me for awhile in the beginning, but got used to it after a few days, barely notice it anymore.
Spend most of the time looking ahead rather than down at the dash to be honest :grin:
i normally only look down when i am in a 30 or when is see a photo opportunity:devil:

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Installed. Got a few bobbles :sad: but works well. You get two in the package, so i can always install the other one (better).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got one of the foil screen protectors. Mostly because I was worried I will scratch the screen up when cleaning dust off it or whatever. The anti-glare works by it making the screen matt. I quite like. Decreases reflections from trees etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wish I got one of those before my screen cracked in right bottom corner. Dont even know how it happened. 😞

Don't know if its worth installing one now to prevent any more cracks.
I would speak to your dealer. I know a few people who have had cracks appear due to heat and have had them replaced under warranty.

·
A d m i n .
151,133 Posts
I would speak to your dealer. I know a few people who have had cracks appear due to heat and have had them replaced under warranty.
Funny, I was reading about this on social media, that heat cracking on the edge of the screen is a thing that has happened to a number of people. Too many, in my opinion.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wish I got one of those before my screen cracked in right bottom corner. Dont even know how it happened. 😞

Don't know if its worth installing one now to prevent any more cracks.
Thanks for the info. I will speak to my dealer about it. I have to go there anyway since the coolant is still leaking. They replaced the hose twice now and it still leaking. 😕

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I've just fitted a matte cover on the instrumentation and it works well. I have an Ermax dark tint screen and this should help to reduce the risk of heat cracking on the instrument. On another thread, a poster complained about light from the headlight reflecting up onto the inside face of the screen at night. I experienced this too and whilst it didn't drive me nuts, it was quite noticeable. What I did yesterday was to spray the inner face of the screen matte black to cut down the reflection. It should work ok but will leave it to harden for 24 hours before trying it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Funny, I was reading about this on social media, that heat cracking on the edge of the screen is a thing that has happened to a number of people. Too many, in my opinion.

Just had my screen replaced due to heat crack on warranty, cracked in two places.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts