KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I owned a 2017 690 Duke with the TFT display, and I found it to be pretty much unusable in bright sun, the way it washed out. It was gorgeous on cloudy days and at night, but not bright sun. Bright days I often had to shade the display with my left hand to be able to read it.

I will be picking up my new 890 this coming Monday, did the whole deal via email and phone... but I have never actually SEEN one of these bikes in person.

Does the display on the 890 have this same bad sunlight visibility problem, or have they fixed that?

·
Registered
16 Posts
So far no issues for me personally. But then again where I am from very bright sun has been a rare commodity since I bought the bike :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
When riding between bright light and going to shade under the trees, the display will switch between the day and night modes. That makes it very easy to read, (for me, anyway).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When riding between bright light and going to shade under the trees, the display will switch between the day and night modes. That makes it very easy to read, (for me, anyway).
My 2017 Duke 690 did that too, but it was still unreadable in sunlight.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To answer my own question... I picked up the new 890 yesterday and have about 300 miles of bright sunny day riding in. The display was readable under all conditions. Glad they fixed that, the one on the 2017 690 Duke was useless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts