KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
So assuming I was from out of State, $7999 is what I would write the check for?
It's worth hunting them down and asking.

We had a dealer locally that advertised $7,999, but it did not include freight, set-up and document. Their OTD price was closer to $9,100.

There were (are?) incentives back to dealers, so if you can find a new one it should be reasonable. Mid to high $8,000 range is about the sweet spot - I paid $8,725 OTD.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They want the 790’s gone so they can discontinue it and replace it with the 890
The 890 is not a direct replacement for the 790. It's much sportier including higher pegs (not so good for us more mature riders) yet doesn't have as good electronics as standard. If the 790 hadn't existed I wouldn't have bought an 890. £3,000 more and not so well suited for me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The 890 is not a direct replacement for the 790. It's much sportier including higher pegs (not so good for us more mature riders) yet doesn't have as good electronics as standard. If the 790 hadn't existed I wouldn't have bought an 890. £3,000 more and not so well suited for me.
There will be a base 890 allegedly

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's £6,250!!

They're £7,499 here or almost $1,600 more. Ridiculous.
Comparing motorcycle prices can be challenging in the US. For instance here's a 2020 advertised for $7,699* in Virginia, however Virginia has no limit on what dealers can add for "fees". IMO it's very misleading to advertise one price only to be quoted a very much higher price when you try to buy the bike. Prices in Europe include tax (15% VAT) correct? Do they typically add other fees?
Here there is no US tax, however the buyer generally pays a tax up to 10% to their state when they register their new vehicle, there's essentially no getting around this.
But the $7,699 advertised in VA is likely just the first line of their quote. Next will be something like $550 freight, $250 prep and set-up and $200 (or more) "document fee". After all this comes whatever our state charges.
The only way to compare fairly, especially across State lines, is the amount that one pays to the dealer. In the example above the $7,699 advertised becomes $8,699 to the dealer. Tax plus license plate and title will be added separately depending on what State it will be registered in.

*Excludes tax, title, tags and other fees. For general informational purposes only.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts