KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my Duke into the dealer to get the OEM LED turn signals enabled. On the phone, the tech says he's never seen the option, but is willing to look. I'm going to get charged an hour of labor, so I was hoping someone could tell me what menu it's under, or even better a screen shot.

I scoured the internet and can't find any info on the dealer diagnostic tool.

·
A d m i n .
151,134 Posts
Sorry hombre, no screenshots, but I’m very much under the impression that enabling LED mode is accomplished in just a few minutes..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, I just wish someone could tell me what menu it's in. I don't think these guys here in Miami work on too many KTM's and it's too easy for them to say "sorry, can't do it".

·
A d m i n .
151,134 Posts
Right, I just wish someone could tell me what menu it's in. I don't think these guys here in Miami work on too many KTM's and it's too easy for them to say "sorry, can't do it".
I’m guessing you searched a bit here? Thinking someone posted ‘em at one point, forgetting whar I saw it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its under the combination display section on the KTM diagnostic tablet. Look for a sub menu that says LED Mode.
My dealer just enabled mine last week.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its under the combination display section on the KTM diagnostic tablet. Look for a sub menu that says LED Mode.
My dealer just enabled mine last week.
That's what I need to tell the tech. Thank you. I'm on my way to the dealer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It WORKS! It's official it works. He hooked it up to the KTM computer and after it sync'd up (10 min?) took him 1 min to check the box and the blinkers work as advertised. They didn't even charge me! Super awesome, I'm stoked.

While they did that I was drooling over a 1290 superduke, and 890R, and a SMC 790R.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm late to the party. What did I missed? What the heck is "LED Mode"? (I'm learning something new all time time about this bike)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm late to the party. What did I missed? What the heck is "LED Mode"? (I'm learning something new all time time about this bike)
In the KTM diagnostic tool menu (you have to go to a dealership), in the "combination menu" there's an option to select "LED mode - ON" to tell the bike it has factory LED turn signals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts