KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anybody else is using one - but I have just ordered some toughened glass overlays (like mobile phone things) - I've been using this particular make on my work phone (I don't have a personal one) and it really did go on with no bubbles.

A Plus is they now offer matte anti reflective finish since June 2019. https://www.protectionfilms24.es/c/ALL/ktm-790-duke/?count-pro-page=6&page=1&product-overview-sort=bestResult&searchfield=KTM+790+Duke

I bought a 3 pack - Just in case. https://www.protectionfilms24.es/articulo/3x-brotect-airglass-matte-protector-pantalla-de-cristal-vidrio-mate-para-ktm-790-duke-3935810.html

·
Registered
283 Posts
Using something similar here in the uk, not sure if it will help with the known screen cracking issue but who knows.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok - well it helps if you measure twice and apply once. And use your proper close up reading glasses.

The Matte finish is excellent but I got it a bit skewed.

But that's why I have spares - I sort of expected to mess it up a bit.

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
242 Posts
I went with speedo angels because it was all that was available at the time, no dash issues with it and it is so much easier to see! It is a bit less sharp though in the daylight, but i'll take that over not being able to read it at all.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
I am using a matte screen protector I ordered on Amazon. OK stuff, although I do have a small bubble. Not the end of the world. I will do a better job when applying the second one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am running the kit off Amazon that has anti-glare and ultra clear options. I installed the anti-glare and have had no issue. Easy install and looks great, plus extra sheets if you mess up or need to replace later. Same kit "qcs" mentioned, but for $3 more get 4 instead of 2.

Speedo Angels Dashboard Screen Protector for KTM 790 DUKE (2018+) - 2 x Ultra Clear & 2 x Anti Glare https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JYS856P/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_ftSDEbN3BSVAM

·
Registered
140 Posts
Using something similar here in the uk, not sure if it will help with the known screen cracking issue but who knows.
do you have anymore info on this?
I got up this morning an d took the bike out of the shed to find the screen has a smal 4mm crack in the side and strange white dots in the glass/plastic.
you can't feel any of them meaning the crack is on the bottom not the top, the dealer has taken pictures to send to KTM so they can 'decide' if it was external damage or a warranty.

I'm pretty sure its not external simply because the crack is underneath, but i can't prove it. and there is a mark (not a dent or scratch) on the side of the dash.

·
Registered
110 Posts
do you have anymore info on this?
I got up this morning an d took the bike out of the shed to find the screen has a smal 4mm crack in the side and strange white dots in the glass/plastic.
you can't feel any of them meaning the crack is on the bottom not the top, the dealer has taken pictures to send to KTM so they can 'decide' if it was external damage or a warranty.

I'm pretty sure its not external simply because the crack is underneath, but i can't prove it. and there is a mark (not a dent or scratch) on the side of the dash.
Check to see if your brake res is leaking. Mine leaked brake fluid on the dash when I was taking left hand turns. Look at my thread in the issues section

1 - 12 of 12 Posts