KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've just bought a 790 duke and was looking to customise a little. Nothing too mad, seat cowl, tail tidy, slip on exhaust, bar end mirrors and maybe some graphics. I was looking any suggestions, recommendations and suppliers. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cheap Mods: Rim Stickers, Orange front and rear brake fluid lids, Orange oil cap, Orange oil filter cap, Orange , etc.
Radiator Guard
Crash Cage

I'm trying to find the best looking and functional crash cage.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm running a Mivv slip on I bought from Italy. Mustard tail tidy on the way from Tasmania. KTM LED signals on the way from Germany. KTM seat cowl gets here tomorrow from KTM parts. KTM Superduke mirrors, Puig short levers, R&G sliders, and a few other odds and ends.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Zimm all those trick after market pieces sound nice. I had a MIVV pipe on my 390 Duke and let me say if you haven't seen their slip ons - they are gorgeous !!!! Well made and very nice looking - Just out of curiously how much money are you spending for these mods -

At one time I was just like you - needed to make the bike look "mine" - since I don't keep bikes all that long I found that I'd spend a bundle on the trinkets ( call me pathetically superficial ) and give that stuff away when I'd sell the bike - no more -!!! :) Now I stick to a few performance only mods like a PCV or in this case a Coober ecu device from Austria, their open air box cover and a Wings slip on - 1000$ US including shipping - and I'/m happy - I'm sure your bike and the bike of our newest member JaidenThomas will look great

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm running a Mivv slip on I bought from Italy. Mustard tail tidy on the way from Tasmania. KTM LED signals on the way from Germany. KTM seat cowl gets here tomorrow from KTM parts. KTM Superduke mirrors, Puig short levers, R&G sliders, and a few other odds and ends.
Upload some pictures!
Heck, everyone please upload all of your tricked out 790 .

I want to copy

·
Registered
147 Posts
No he wasn't. Flat-track it :grin:
Actually, the 790 is light enough to do slight off-roading. I have 20 acres of flat trails with no rocks, and I was able to mess around on the 790 without crashing. I rode in "Rain Mode". I think with dual-sport street oriented tires, the 790 can do a little bit of fire-road trails.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Actually, the 790 is light enough to do slight off-roading. I have 20 acres of flat trails with no rocks, and I was able to mess around on the 790 without crashing. I rode in "Rain Mode". I think with dual-sport street oriented tires, the 790 can do a little bit of fire-road trails.
That is what the Adventure is for. Different forum!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had my wheels powder coated, I've wrapped my tank, I'm in the process of having a custom graphics kit made up EvoTech tail tidy, Leo Vince LV10 Stainless dual exhausts, Power Bronze headlight covers, I've got a speedo cover on it's way and Hepco and Becker bars and I'm sure I'll end up doing a fair bit more to it but I've only ridden it for the first time today so need to figure out what I want next

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've had my wheels powder coated, I've wrapped my tank, I'm in the process of having a custom graphics kit made up EvoTech tail tidy, Leo Vince LV10 Stainless dual exhausts, Power Bronze headlight covers, I've got a speedo cover on it's way and Hepco and Becker bars and I'm sure I'll end up doing a fair bit more to it but I've only ridden it for the first time today so need to figure out what I want next
Blah blah blah... how about some pics :grin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Blah blah blah... how about some pics :grin:
I'm in work right now so can't upload, but there's a photo of my bike on the my garage bit:grin:
Just waiting on the graphics kit and bars atm

·
Registered
147 Posts
By the way, why are you keeping the GSXR now that you have the 790? I sold my GSXR and two Ducatis. I don't need them anymore. I can't stand them now, compare to how comfortable the 790 is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
By the way, why are you keeping the GSXR now that you have the 790? I sold my GSXR and two Ducatis. I don't need them anymore. I can't stand them now, compare to how comfortable the 790 is.
Different people like different things?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Different people like different things?
You're probably right. I'm probably too old for bikes that hurt my wrists and back after every ride. Suzuki for some unknown reason tend to have the hardest clutch pull pressure.
The only GSXR I've ever loved was the 1990 GSXR-750R.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had a K6 and have a K9 now, I've got pins, plates and nerve damage to my clutch arm but still find it enjoyable to ride 😊

1 - 20 of 32 Posts