KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
No and been discussed in here before. Very frustrating KTM won't implement it
Just been doing a little research myself on retro fitting cruise control to my 790 duke, this is what I have found so far.
1 The left hand combination switch gear with the cruise control switch ( 790/890 adventure 890 duke part number 76011270100 ) as one extra male plug with 4 pins in it, so I have looked at the wiring behind the headlight on my 790 duke and there is a spare female 4 pin plug same as on the 790r adventure to connect to.
2 The ecu on the 790 duke is the same as on the 790r adventure ( part number 63541031000 )
3 If you look carefully at the left hand side of the 790 duke dashboard you will see the cruise control icon
So i think if the dealer activates the cruise control software it should work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just been doing a little research myself on retro fitting cruise control to my 790 duke, this is what I have found so far.
1 The left hand combination switch gear with the cruise control switch ( 790/890 adventure 890 duke part number 76011270100 ) as one extra male plug with 4 pins in it, so I have looked at the wiring behind the headlight on my 790 duke and there is a spare female 4 pin plug same as on the 790r adventure to connect to.
2 The ecu on the 790 duke is the same as on the 790r adventure ( part number 63541031000 )
3 If you look carefully at the left hand side of the 790 duke dashboard you will see the cruise control icon
Sorry the cruise control icon is on the right hand side of the dashboard not the left, between the oil and high beam light icons.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Except the codes are activated over the internet so the dealer basically downloads them from KTM. That won't work since the bike will be recognised as a Duke.

Shame this is not a BMW as there are easily available tools to manually edit ECU settings

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Except the codes are activated over the internet so the dealer basically downloads them from KTM. That won't work since the bike will be recognised as a Duke.
Shame this is not a BMW as there are easily available tools to manually edit ECU settings
I wonder if the guys who reflash ECUS know a way? - They'd have to be careful about announcing it otherwise KTM's lawyers will be all over them for lost revenue.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I wonder if the guys who reflash ECUS know a way? - They'd have to be careful about announcing it otherwise KTM's lawyers will be all over them for lost revenue.
It's normal in the BMW world so wouldn't think so but you never know. It's different than editing fuel, ignition and throttle maps though

Example, this is the heated grip settings on my GS but there are sections for options on the bike too. KTM would have something very similar as the 790/890 also uses a Bosch ECU

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts