KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got me the multifunction switch for Christmas. I installed it and there are no error lights on the dash. Do I have to take it to the dealer for another software unlock?

Thanks

Lee

·
Registered
204 Posts
As Dookie says, needs the software update, but worth it. Works really well. I use it a lot to give my wrist a break. For some reason I get throttle hand fatigue on this bike.

·
Registered
2020 Duke 890 R
34 Posts
How hard is the cruise control install (hardware side) ? I'm not sure if I should let my local dealer do the heated grips & cruise control or do the hardware myself. I'm kind of reserved on the idea of changing out the ride by wire throttle grip. I'm not real big fan of home cut'n splice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How hard is the cruise control install (hardware side) ? I'm not sure if I should let my local dealer do the heated grips & cruise control or do the hardware myself. I'm kind of reserved on the idea of changing out the ride by wire throttle grip. I'm not real big fan of home cut'n splice.
it really wasn't that hard to do the cruise, its plug and play. The headlight is fun(not) to take off and the reason why I did the bars, mirrors and signals at the same time. The hardest and most annoying part is all the different size screws they use. Take the brake and clutch levers look the clutch is a cap screw and the brake is a regular bolt. They are the same size and length m6x25.

·
Registered
204 Posts
As others have said cc switchgear is not too hard to fit and best to do grips at the same time. No splicing required if using factory heated grips and also not too hard to fit. Iirc, there are threads in this forum with instructions/pictures and tips on doing both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts