KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you like the Givi bars? The replacement tank plastic is $200. Would it protect the tank area in the event of a slow or standstill tip over?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Do you like the Givi bars? The replacement tank plastic is $200. Would it protect the tank area in the event of a slow or standstill tip over?
I am contented with the Givi. I think it will protect the tank - but if you're worried you could add some cheap frame pucks to it. I have a couple of cheap chinese spot lights on there - not wired up. I ordered pucks on Amazon - but they never arrived. Refunded - moved on. I really wanted the RDMOTO ones but postage was crazy high.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Can you take upload another picture? This time a little closer. Will it protect the tank and fairing around the tank?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Have another look at the other thread I linked to. You'll see the R&G there too. It has an (imo) weak link in the L<->R connection in front of the engine. IMO if you MUST have the tank/fairing protection with security - Then you need the RDMOTO. The tank itself I think is pretty safe. But that plastic bit - not so sure.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm about to order the RD Moto Crash Bars from eBay. I would like to get the okay from the community on this purchase. :) RD Moto Crash Cage
update - I just ordered it via eBay for $300 USD shipped.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Heres my opinion of all teh bars I could find. Crash Bars - The H&B has an odd left-right connection at the rear under the injectors that is (imo) a bit odd
Heres my opinion of all teh bars I could find. Crash Bars - The H&B has an odd left-right connection at the rear under the injectors that is (imo) a bit odd.
I noticed the SW Motech set are not fully welded! If you look closely at the joint you will see only a couple of tack welds. For me this would not be acceptable for a finished product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts