KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

Crap Roads!

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  AMatu 
#1 ·
Today while riding to work-> going thru a construction area( road repair), I managed to hit a small pothole (in dark) in the middle of the road. The sound of the front suspension bottoming out makes my heart hurt very much, always! While your mind knows that the suspension is working for its intended purposes -> especially only going 40kmh, your heart can’t stop feeling like it got slightly ripped apart. 😞
Thank you for listening, just wanted to share the mental pain I endured on this otherwise beautiful day!
Feel free to share your common experience. 🙂

#2 ·
Hi
its been a few years since i have driven in Finland, but as someone that has driven and ridden in all but two European countries plus Russia, China and USA/Canada

i can say the quality of UK roads are the worst in western europe and a disgrace but not as bad as China or Russia.

this is why i no longer go for big wheels and low profile tyres on cars, having broken a number of alloy wheels in pot holes over the last few years.

The 790 suspension is what i would say on the firm side for road use, but as you found out can be bottomed out at the front but not as bad as a the standard forks on a speed triple, i am considering andreani fork cassettes currently

#5 ·
it is interesting we are told the lowering speed limits and camera are about road safety, but no one mentions potholes and bad surfaces and the lack of salt in winter
yes we all know these cause accidents perhaps it is about time health and safety executive took the people responsible to court
after a few councillors ended up in prison for manslaughter we might get the roads we pay for and deserve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.