KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Besides going to the KTM dealer, are there any aftermarket brands that have no silicate in the coolant? What about the Porsche/VW coolant? It's the pink ones.
Update- Nevermind. I checked the label. Although it is compatible with aluminum engines, it also contains silicates. Boooo!

·
Registered
79 Posts
KTM in UK recommend Motorex products and this one is silicon free

Zoom

Motorex Motorcycle M3.0 Pre Mixed Engine Coolant 1 Litre

·
Super Moderator
1,448 Posts
I am using Water Wetter in my motorcycles. It is also track approved by most organizations, as far as I am aware.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I found some with the similar ingredients as Motorex 3.0. View attachment 5270
Please don't. We need silicate FREE, that's silicate ENHANCED. That stuff is VW G13, it leaves a silicate treasure trail from any leak point. It also gums up heater cores in longitudinal-engined Audis and VW Passats. I work on VW/Audi daily at my family's specialty shop, every winter we're trying to flush/free up heater cores before we replace them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Please don't. We need silicate FREE, that's silicate ENHANCED. That stuff is VW G13, it leaves a silicate treasure trail from any leak point. It also gums up heater cores in longitudinal-engined Audis and VW Passats. I work on VW/Audi daily at my family's specialty shop, every winter we're trying to flush/free up heater cores before we replace them.
Ok thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Duke 790
241 Posts
Old thread, but has anyone found a capable coolant on amazon? I'm in Japan and limited options. I don't want to spend $34 for a pint of motorex 5.0 just to top up the tank. Maybe I'll just use distilled water.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Motorex coolant specified per their spec sheet:
is an organic acid tech (OAT) ethylene glycol that's "silicate-, nitrite-, amine- borate- and phosphate-free".

Take a look at the spec on peak final charge global OAT. It's carried by O'Riley in the US

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do you have to flush and swap completely over to engine ice? Maybe I should being it's a 2018. Or I can top it off with distilled.
Full flush with distilled water. Drain oem coolant, fill with distilled warn run at idle till tstat opens , let cool down, drain, maybe do a second distilled water flush same process, then fill with engine ice and be sure to drain overflow bottle and add engine ice

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
516 Posts
I use a blend of water wetter, distilled water, and 15% coolant.

Pink Zerex Asian formula is the stuff.

Check out the front label. Silica free.

Liquid Fluid Material property Gas Service

1 - 14 of 14 Posts