KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I ran into a problem, it is still currently trying to be fixed by the KTM Dealer nearby.

I was in heavy traffic on a hot day. My cooling system needed to assist with the cooling of the bike. It wasn't functioning properly, I saw the temperature gauge rising slowly, went from 5-6-7 then red 8. I immediately turned the bike off to cool it down. Worked for a little bit. I tightened the clamps was I was able to and topped up my coolant (Some leaked below min line in the reservoir). Which stopped the coolant leak. I brought it to the dealer and they said it turned out to be the thermostat, they changed it to a new one and right now the cooling system is still not turning on at the right temperature. They are now thinking it is my Evotech Frame sliders but I doubt it. They are still testing to figure the issue out.

If there is anyone with this similar issue please let me know. If whenever they find the issue I will re-post on how they solved it.

At least I can still ride my 390 in the meantime.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh? What do frame sliders have to do with the thermostat? That’s very strange.
Yes exactly! They were like well the bar goes in front of the engine, I'm like right...I don't think that's the issue. They said that they called another KTM tech and they said it may be that.

Feels like they are trying to just blame me for what is going on. But we will see the end result, hopefully soon though.

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Time to consider another KTM dealer! You want a dlr that’s on your side, not pushing against you. Sounds pretty crazy that it became that hot, hopefully it’s all right.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Time to consider another KTM dealer! You want a dlr that’s on your side, not pushing against you. Sounds pretty crazy that it became that hot, hopefully it’s all right.
Especially as the dealer is getting paid for the fix if it get approved!

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Especially as the dealer is getting paid for the fix if it get approved!
Many dealers don't love doing warranty work, as the pay from the mfgr is generally less.

Also, if it's complex, and time consuming they may spend more time fixing the problem, than they are getting reimbursed by the mfgr. (A friend told me this who owns a moto dealership).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts