KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my Duke 790 but since 1st service I have noticed a small leak from a small hole on left hand side of engine block (clutch side). It would appear to be coolant or condensate and after a hot run seeps out of hole and leaves a 1-2inch spot on driveway. Any ideas what this is or why it is doing it ? See photo. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: KTM have confirmed head gasket failure and being repaired under warranty. All good but not hugely impressed to have this on a 2019 bike with 900miles on clock. Dealer has confirmed they have had a “few” others with failures too so not entirely isolated problem.

·
A d m i n .
151,134 Posts
Update: KTM have confirmed head gasket failure and being repaired under warranty. All good but not hugely impressed to have this on a 2019 bike with 900miles on clock. Dealer has confirmed they have had a “few” others with failures too so not entirely isolated problem.
Some how I missed this post. Dang, that's terrible, so they're replacing the engine, or the cyl head? I've not read much about this anywhere, just some leaking valve cover and sump gaskets, and well as minor cooling leak issues. Bummer for sure, hombre.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Yea I am with JD on this, I don't know how I missed this.

Probably just replaced the gasket right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure yet what the agreed repair is but dealer is awaiting parts shipment from Austria. I shall be asking lots of questions once work done and will post update on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts