KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would like to see the whole mapping picture, Dyno runs showing AFR HP & Torque at 25% throttle from 2000rpm to rev limiter, then 50% & 75% throttles to rev limiter, then constant throttles at 3000rpm & constant throttles at 5000rpm to see what they have actually done for my everyday riding, showing 100% dyno runs does not interest me much as I dont ride at 100% throttles all day.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I would like to see the whole mapping picture, Dyno runs showing AFR HP & Torque at 25% throttle from 2000rpm to rev limiter, then 50% & 75% throttles to rev limiter, then constant throttles at 3000rpm & constant throttles at 5000rpm to see what they have actually done for my everyday riding, showing 100% dyno runs does not interest me much as I dont ride at 100% throttles all day.
I would like to see that data too, but nobody provides that kind of data. Not gonna happen.

·
Registered
932 Posts
According to Coober USA: "We actually don't include instructions with the ECUs, they are online in the form of pdfs."

However, they did send me the dyno chart with complete annotations:

View attachment 4751
Is COOBER USA actually COOBER? - or just somebody licenced to use the name?

Because what came to me from WINGS (and supplied to them by COOBER EU) came with printed instructions.

Maybe your beef is with COOBER USA.

WOT DYNO CHARTS are a waste of time - but they're easy to do and give the numbers junkies a reference.

It's why I keep saying we need to find a way to get a COOBER to @EvansB2 - we'd get a fair comparison imo - subjective maybe, but some folk you learn to take on trust.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Regarding POWER numbers from COOBER (Austria)

This is Google translated text from the German Speaking KTM forum on this very topic.

, it is because KTM and BMW are forcing all partners not to publish any figures.

Was also confirmed to me by Akrapovic in Milan last year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
WOT DYNO CHARTS are a waste of time - but they're easy to do and give the numbers junkies a reference.
I agree. On any typical ride of mine I spend virtually no time with the throttle wide open. I think the only way for me to know if Coober/PCV fix the rideability issues I am having is to buy one, install it, and see how it does.

It's an expensive gamble though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
No, I meant the 101.4(110.6) for the powerpack HP.

There is also a place around 6500 rpms where it almost looks like the stock and coober lines cross. It is hard to tell between the reddish color and the bluish color traces. Instead though I think they converged for a short time and then the Coober line continued to be a few hp higher than stock.

It LOOKS like an easy to ride engine though, pretty smooth curve, and they mostly got rid of the midrange slump.
It's tough to differentiate the line colours they chose. On my IPS monitor I could see the colours hadn't switched, but I had to zoom in and get colour samples to be extra sure. They almost touch, but do not cross.

·
Registered
932 Posts
It's an expensive gamble though.
It is.
Part of my decision was that I have spent hours and hours and hours fine tuning a PCV on my Triumph Rocket.
I know in pretty clear terms what it can and cannot do. And how much work is really involved. I'd sort of had enough of it.
So - thought I - Time for a change.

Rottweiler have published a clear PCV test (790ADV) where they did not even touch fueling - Just ignition - and did wonders.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I am uncomfortable about how Coober will be supported. There is no warranty or service info on their site. I have written to Coober USA about it, but the whole thing seems pretty "casual" to me. Coober USA tells me that joke of a pdf install manual is all there is.

At least with PowerCommander and Rottweiler there is support, warranty and clear instructions available.

With Coober it's kind of looking like "buy it, it will probably work well. Hope for the best".

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would like to see that data too, but nobody provides that kind of data. Not gonna happen.
I do with all my custom built flashes & tunes. I will have the 890 on the Dyno soon & will see what I can do with the mapping, first step is building one of my 02 controllers to control the closed loop AFR's.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
No answer from Coober EU. Not surprised. They seem quite bad at communication with customers.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
According to Coober.eu:

"actually there is no install manual at all inside the ecu box. installation of the ecu on the 890 duke, takes normally between 6 and 10 minutes. its only 12 srews, 2 ziptie and that's it. only tool you need is torx 25 and side cutter"

·
Registered
'20 890R
25 Posts
Coober also updated the description on their website.

UPDATE: Based on reliability issue that we have seen with the 890 engine, we highly recommend to check the oil level every 500-1000km. In case of low oil, take the oil filter out, for further inspection.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts