KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually just noticed the video in the Conti website... a track test of the CSA 3s, check out what he's riding

·
Registered
415 Posts
S22 are now the Stock tire for the 1290R. The Conti's are very good. I have a set of Conti Road Attacks on my 1290GT, and they grip amazingly well, great in the wet, and last, I've covered 7000kms, (about 1/2 worn) and my previous tires were PR5s which were great in the wet and good all-round, but the front was shagged at 6000kms the rear shagged at 6500kms. So Conti's are far superior over the PR5s, but are also $60 dearer here. So going on how good the Road Attacks are, I'm betting the Sport Attacks are brilliant also, especially for the road, as for track days, the S22 is well proven across a range of bikes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do you think the S22 made the bike have quicker steering? I've read that they tend to make it easier to tip in.
yes, its like riding on rails now compared to the Maxxis which weren't terrible but had zero feel for me. I will keep using the S22's unless there happens to be a good deal on other comparable tires lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
Do you think the S22 made the bike have quicker steering? I've read that they tend to make it easier to tip in.
Ive only ever ridden on firstly S21 then the S22, i didn't want the Maxxis on the bike (was demo bike) But the S22 was an improvement in the sharpness of the steering over the S21, when saying sharp, they steer quick, but very stable, slightly quicker than say a neutral tire like an M7RR. The secrete in the 790 great quick handling is down to its chassis/frame and engine as a stressed member and its lightness, the 790 begs for tires to suit.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive only ever ridden on firstly S21 then the S22, i didn't want the Maxxis on the bike (was demo bike) But the S22 was an improvement in the sharpness of the steering over the S21, when saying sharp, they steer quick, but very stable, slightly quicker than say a neutral tire like an M7RR. The secrete in the 790 great quick handling is down to its chassis/frame and engine as a stressed member and its lightness, the 790 begs for tires to suit.
Sounds good to me. Duke also has steep rake, mostly to make up for it's longish wheelbase.

On a side note, the emojis on this site suck :crying:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts