KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

Configuring Favorites Menu

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  rft 
#1 · (Edited)
My last most modern motorcycle was a 1998 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk. Love that bike. It has no electronics. Not even fuel injection.
I was wondering how you riders "configure your Favorites Menu"?
Why did you select these options.
What conditions do you use them?
Thanx in advance for the responses.
Future Schock is real.

#2 ·
Same here my last bike was the first year on fuel injection (2007) so not used to fancy gadgets either :)
i dont really understand what the favourites do, i run my bike in track mode all the time, most in street or sport trottle mapping.
but u can use up or down arrow for quick acces to things unless ure in track mode in wich case it sets the tc level.
is the upp and down shortcuts the favourites u mean?

peace!

#3 ·
When the menu is closed the up and down buttons are the Quick Selector 1 and 2 options - you can set these via the Settings menu. As you say I think these default to TC level in track mode.

The Favo(u)rites menu is a different thing. When the menu is closed you get to it by pressing the Set (right) button twice. You can freely configure 5 items in this menu in Settings.

#4 ·
I had a Super chicken too! Loved that bike. I think it's claim to fame were the largest carburetors ever fitted to a factory bike. Hard to believe the 790 makes the same power and is so much lighter.

I haven't played with the favorites enough to figure the best way to set up.

#16 ·
Have to admit this is one area that is very poorly done on the 790 instruments. The favourites should really be the 4 readouts on the bottom of the main screen instead of the 4 bits of data that ktm decided we should see.
Anyway for the favourites menu I have odometer, trip 1, trip 1 time, fuel range and temperature set - BUT the only readout I want is the odometer, the others are useless and just fill the screen. I would prefer the odometer on the main screen but that isn't possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.