KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone attempt to do this with clip on risers?

Bar height for clearance seems to be a critical issue. My goal is to open up access to the adjusters while also providing a more traditional sport bike style grasp of the front end.

Super-Moderator
Good question!
I feel this may've come up before, but I forget. Love to see someone get aggressive clip-ons (not the riser type), installed. 馃

Super Moderator
Search the forum for the Woodcraft clip-on install thread.

Reactions: J D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Search the forum for the Woodcraft clip-on install thread.
Yeah I figured some one would bring that up.

That's why I specifically said I was looking to get access to the adjusters. I'm not talking about that fugly adapter plate setup.

There must be a reason why I'm not seeing a standard fork mounted option that would reside below the top triple clamp and rise up

Super Moderator
Yeah I figured some one would bring that up.

That's why I specifically said I was looking to get access to the adjusters. I'm not talking about that fugly adapter plate setup.

There must be a reason why I'm not seeing a standard fork mounted option that would reside below the top triple clamp and rise up
The Woodcrafts work well and do not limit the range of motion/turning. They actually look pretty trick.

I, personally, went with a wider flatter bar. Somehow seems to work better for me and still puts me more forward, with more weight over the front wheel.

Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2020 KTM 890 Duke R, 2020 Kawasaki KLX230
I just did the woodcraft clip-ons AMAZING easier turn in, more balanced, I'm more sports bike orientated so found the stock duke bars slightly too wide, too high and wrong wrist angle for me, The woodcraft clip-ons fixed all of that.

Registered
Woodcraft is top-notch stuff.

I learned yesterday that in our the local club racing scene, because the SV650's have all but died off, the "Middle-weight Twins" are now dominated with 790 Dukes. Woodcraft has all the crash protection and rear-sets as well. They are racers, they support local racing. All component parts are available separately - racers crash.

I was going to try the 890 bar first, but I can get over the mounting plate for a better fit and more fun at Track Day!

Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2020 KTM 890 Duke R, 2020 Kawasaki KLX230
Woodcraft is top-notch stuff.

I learned yesterday that in our the local club racing scene, because the SV650's have all but died off, the "Middle-weight Twins" are now dominated with 790 Dukes. Woodcraft has all the crash protection and rear-sets as well. They are racers, they support local racing. All component parts are available separately - racers crash.

I was going to try the 890 bar first, but I can get over the mounting plate for a better fit and more fun at Track Day!
The fitment is perfect they are exceptional parts, make the duke an unpaired RC790 lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts