KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Came home from an afternoon ride on Saturday. Heard a squeak noise at lower speeds and noticed when I got home the right side wheel seal is gone and grease / grime buildup is present.
It’s a 38 minute ride to the dealer via the highway or 55 minutes on back roads.
I can have the dealer come pick it up, but may take longer due to scheduling.
Thoughts? Would you chance riding it to get it there a bit sooner?

left pic is the broken one, right pic is the clean one.
My initial thought is to wait for them to come and get it, but if I’m overreacting, I figure here would be a good place to hear it.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could someone possibly do me a favor?
Can you take a picture of the right side wheel hub area similar to the pic above?
I’d like to see what it looks like in working order to see if I am in fact missing anything.
Much appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I’m not sure that picture proves that you have a failing bearing. The noise could be coming from your chain. That picture just looks like somebody put in a wee bit more grease than necessary.

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
@Arctic92x - my 890R has dust seals on both sides of the front wheel - I'd have to guess the 790 is the same. Looks like you lost one along the way somewhere.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would put it up on a front stand and spin the wheel to check the bearing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so it turns out it was the chain. Thank you Newbusa for the idea to check it. Another thread had a video about chain chirping. Turns out, mine has the same noise. Cleaned and lubed, the noise is gone.
thank you all for your help.
Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts