KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Today we changed the rear tire. I'm up to my third on now in 13 months. After the stock one I put on a Pirelli diablo and now I went for the Pirelli Angel ST. Broke it in for about 40 km and it feels good!

Dayem! You're just chewin' through 'em. I'm sure that Pirelli is going to be sticky goodness.

Have you considered a Michelin Road 5?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today we changed the rear tire. I'm up to my third on now in 13 months. After the stock one I put on a Pirelli diablo and now I went for the Pirelli Angel ST. Broke it in for about 40 km and it feels good!

Dayem! You're just chewin' through 'em. I'm sure that Pirelli is going to be sticky goodness.

Have you considered a Michelin Road 5?
No not yet. Might give it a shot later. The last one lasted for about 7.200 km. The maxxis only 5.300 km.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What Diablo?

Rosso III or Corsa II ?

I got the Corsa II and I would like to know how many miles/km will last.

Angel are touring tire, so should be more durable.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What Diablo?

Rosso III or Corsa II ?

I got the Corsa II and I would like to know how many miles/km will last.

Angel are touring tire, so should be more durable.
Hi! Diablo strada, also touring. But hey, you can spank em too. Spanked the Angel ST today and held its ground just fine. The Stada lasted 7300 km and that not bad for my riding style.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went for the Pirelli Angel ST. Broke it in for about 40 km and it feels good!
I had two sets of Pirelli Angel ST's on my Aprilia Shiver, and loved them. For the kind of riding I do, they were ideal, good grip and very hard wearing. I got 15,000 kms out of the rear, and 20,000 kms out of the front!! I've just ordered a set for my 790, for when the stock Maxxis rubber is done. BTW, for anybody in Canada looking for great prices on various brands of tire, I would highly recommend Pete's Superbike in Quebec. I've bought three sets of tires from Pete's, and haven't found anywhere with better prices. And shipping to Vancouver is only about $30 the pair! The Pirelli Angel ST's I just bought were $295 the pair, inc taxes and shipping!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts