KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a chain oiler to their Duke yet?
I'm thinking Scottoiler, Tutoro, Loobman etc.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Has anyone fitted a chain oiler to their Duke yet?
I'm thinking Scottoiler, Tutoro, Loobman etc.
I had a Scottoiler on my Blackbird and the chain and sprockets were still in great condition at 60,000 km. They work really well but the one thing that annoyed me was no matter how low I set the flow, there was always some fling onto the rear of the bike. Even worse was the gunge that slowly built up in the front sprocket housing. Maybe I could have got away with even less flow. Since then on all my bikes, I've stuck with teflon-based chain waxes. No fling and they seem as effective as oilers if applied regularly. I've used Maxima or Tirox for several years.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did have a Scotoiler on my SMT which I adapted to feed oil nearer the front sprocket and it worked well, never had any issues with it. Problem is where to fit one on the 790. Space is tight to say the least.

·
a d m i n .
151,147 Posts
I never used one of these oilers, but I've noticed that people from Europe (and other places), used them regularly.

Personally, I just make a habit to check tire pressure, and lube the chain every 1000 miles.

I suppose the region you live in, could play a part in needing more frequent lube.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did have a Scotoiler on my SMT which I adapted to feed oil nearer the front sprocket and it worked well, never had any issues with it. Problem is where to fit one on the 790. Space is tight to say the least.

Can you elaborate a little or even provide photos? In my stupidity, because I had one in my old bike and didn't wanted to dismental it, I have purchased a new one (before receiving the bike) and I'm wrapping my head around were and even if to put it. The KTM throws dirt on my lower left boot when it is wet and I don't want to add oil to the mix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts