KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep. Had one on my 790 Adventure so guessed it would fit the Duke and it does. I have a very weak left hand so this mod is the main reason I went for the Duke instead of the MT07 - that clutch was too heavy for lots of traffic work

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, works as advertised. Per another rider recommendation I used original oem bolt instead of the one with part

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool I got it on order. Now to see how long it takes to get to Italy from Canada, eh?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
And here's a heretical thought ------ What about NO FINGER? - The REKLUSE page is NOT very clear but seems they may offer an "auto" clutch. There are days in traffic (esp in wet and cold weather gear) when I think it could be interesting.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And here's a heretical thought ------ What about NO FINGER? - The REKLUSE page is NOT very clear but seems they may offer an "auto" clutch. There are days in traffic (esp in wet and cold weather gear) when I think it could be interesting.
I had a recluse in my KTM 300 EXC 2 stroke. For extreme trail riding, it's pure magic. On the street, I can't imagine it helping much. It's centrifical so getting started feels like a moped or go-kart. Shifting was also a little clunkier.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I had a recluse in my KTM 300 EXC 2 stroke. For extreme trail riding, it's pure magic. On the street, I can't imagine it helping much. It's centrifical so getting started feels like a moped or go-kart. Shifting was also a little clunkier.
Mate of mine had an MV Augusta with a Rekluse in.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I wonder how it works with the Duke's auto blipper.
The Quickshifter I doubt is affected at all, as it's electronic and based on foot position movement. Can't see the fly-weights being affected at all in that time frame. But if they are - it could actually make the QS better!.

It MAY however require very precise adjustment to keep eh slipper clutch running as it should. But then I doubt anybody who is seriously going to challenge the slipper with fast downshifts will be all that interested in an auto-clutch.

IIRC the OEM REKLUSE on the MV had some form of Electronic link.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts