KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

a d m i n .
Discussion Starter #1
Cali, as in California, not Cali, Colombia. 馃榿

I know there are large number of 790/890 Duker members from California.

Sound off!

Track day? Group ride? Make it happen here.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Wow JD you posted this 7 months ago and not one taker?

Is this forum really that sleepy?

Just picked up a new 2020 790 last Saturday, halloween day!

I live in Fresno and enjoy a number of great roads in the foot hills and higher Sierra's.

Gotta say the 790 is the finest street bike I have ever owned. It maximizes the fun in fun roads and is just so easy to ride and look good.

What part of the golden state do you live it?

Registered
2020 790 Duke
I鈥檓 a California rider in the LA area.
That's a big area. Can you be more specific?

When I was working I used to live in Oceanside and Santa Barbara.

Could not afford to retire there so moved back to Fresno where I am originally from.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Good old Burbank.

Flown in and out of that airport hundreds of times.

Angeles Crest Highway is close too.

Registered
I live in Pacifica, by SF. Just got to take my 790 for the first time to the track at Thunderhill, about an hour north of Sacramento. The bike rode spectacularly well. Stock suspension felt good for my 75kg. The downshifter and slipper clutch definitely saved my butt in the corners!

IMG_0874.JPEG

Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
I live in Pacifica, by SF. Just got to take my 790 for the first time to the track at Thunderhill, about an hour north of Sacramento. The bike rode spectacularly well. Stock suspension felt good for my 75kg. The downshifter and slipper clutch definitely saved my butt in the corners!

View attachment 5686
Hey Endopotential
Glad to see someone really enjoying their Duke.
Love the Skunkworks sticker!
I was wondering, what model SC slip-on is that and is it dual or single exhaust?

Bottoms Up!

Registered
Good eye for spotting that sticker!

It's the SC S1 slip on, single exhaust. SC-Project S1 Exhaust
Thankfully it came on the bike when I bought it. Looks and sounds great, but not sure I would shell out $800 myself for it.

I agree dual cans would look great, but asides from aesthetics I don't see the point. It only adds extra weight to the bike, and as long as you keep the cat it really won't do much to alter resistance. Not that you would want less backpressure anyways, short of remapping the entire system.

Registered
Good eye for spotting that sticker!

It's the SC S1 slip on, single exhaust. SC-Project S1 Exhaust
Thankfully it came on the bike when I bought it. Looks and sounds great, but not sure I would shell out $800 myself for it.

I agree dual cans would look great, but asides from aesthetics I don't see the point. It only adds extra weight to the bike, and as long as you keep the cat it really won't do much to alter resistance. Not that you would want less backpressure anyways, short of remapping the entire system.
hey totally random question, did you get the bike from a&s powersports in roseville?

Registered
Yes I did! Was that yours?? I love the SC exhaust, if that was your doing.
small world! yep! that was my bike! yeah I installed the sc project exhaust! I traded it in for a 2020 BMW s1000rr, I miss the 790 every day! hopefully I can get an 890 at some point. I hope the bike is treating you well!

a d m i n .
Discussion Starter #19
@Hawkerjet What part of the golden state do you live it?

I don鈥檛. I鈥檓 a New Yorker.

I know there are a ton here from California, so I decided to try and unite a bunch of ya鈥檒l.

Envious that you can ride all year though. :p

Been thinking to move somewhere as such.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
I'm looking forward to some Thunderhill track time. And yes Tahoe is close, lots of good roads in them thar hills!;)
Me and a buddy did a 3 day ride a couple of years ago. Took Sonora Pass 108 over the Sierra's to the 395 then north and spent the night in Truckee. Day 2 took us north on the 89 to the 70 and then looped around into Oroville for lunch. After lunch and gas went south to the 20 then east thru Grass Valley and eventually got on the 80 and back to Truckee. Day 3 headed south on the east side of Tahoe then took the 50 to 395 and south to Markleville. After taking in the scenery and other bikers there, headed over the Sierra on Ebbits Pass 4 to the 49, and on to home. Yes there is lots of good roads gold in them thar hills.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts