KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh...but was the coffee any good ?
That’s a story I did not want to bore you with. But since you asked. :)
I love my coffee and have been buying it in bulk on Amazon. My daughter told me to stop being cheap and get some locally roasted coffee. So this afternoon I decided to go for a ride and sample some of the coffee before I decided which roaster to use. By the time I got there. They had closed for the day. So I never got to taste their coffee. I’ll have to pick another weekend to go there. It’s 30 miles away from me and only a few miles from downtown San Diego. I would have to endure morning rush hour traffic to get there during the week.:(

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke, 2006 SV 650, 2008 Hot rodded KLR, 1991 Honda Hawk NT 650
126 Posts
I took a ride today and stopped for coffee at Cafe Moto.

View attachment 6614
Is that in La Jolla? Never actually ridden there. Traffic is not that terrible these days in San Diego, is it? I crossed the border the other day, and at 6 in the afternoon it took only 45 minutes to get accross. That was a record!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that in La Jolla? Never actually ridden there. Traffic is not that terrible these days in San Diego, is it? I crossed the border the other day, and at 6 in the afternoon it took only 45 minutes to get accross. That was a record!
It's in Barrio Logan. National Ave.

Actually I'm working from home. So I have not ridden to work since the pandemic started.

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
351 Posts
It’s 30 miles away from me and only a few miles from downtown San Diego. I would have to endure morning rush hour traffic to get there during the week.:(
Sounds like you are in North County. Or maybe east like Alpine?

I used to live in Oceanside. Great place.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good o'l Oceanside. I really miss it.

I was up on Shadow ridge Drive. Where abouts are you at?
Nice! I’m in Ocean Hills so right there, too. Any suggestions for good rides? I’m getting a little tired of Elfin Forest and Del Dios. I have to explore places off the 76 and up in Fallbrook and Temecula.

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
351 Posts
Nice! I’m in Ocean Hills so right there, too. Any suggestions for good rides? I’m getting a little tired of Elfin Forest and Del Dios. I have to explore places off the 76 and up in Fallbrook and Temecula.
Wow small world Erick. We lived in Ocean Hills too. 3768 Via Las Villas. How far from there are you at?

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
351 Posts
Any suggestions for good rides?
When you have the time the following is a great ride.
76 to N. Santa Fe to Osborne to E. Vista Way to Gopher Canyon to Circle Drive to Lilac Road to Valley Center Road to 76 to Palomar Mountain South Grade to East Grade to 76 to 79 to San Felipe Road to Montezuma Valley Road to Borrego Springs for lunch.

After lunch Borrego Springs Road to Yaquip Pass Road to 78 to Julian for some world famous pie. Then home from there.

It's a fabulous ride visiting many very fun roads. Dropping down into Borrego the views are spectacular. Think the road is nick named the glass staircase and you will see why.

If you do the ride let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When you have the time the following is a great ride.
76 to N. Santa Fe to Osborne to E. Vista Way to Gopher Canyon to Circle Drive to Lilac Road to Valley Center Road to 76 to Palomar Mountain South Grade to East Grade to 76 to 79 to San Felipe Road to Montezuma Valley Road to Borrego Springs for lunch.

After lunch Borrego Springs Road to Yaquip Pass Road to 78 to Julian for some world famous pie. Then home from there.

It's a fabulous ride visiting many very fun roads. Dropping down into Borrego the views are spectacular. Think the road is nick named the glass staircase and you will see why.

If you do the ride let me know how it goes.

Cheers.
Wow - thanks! Yeah, I've been meaning to get to Julian once it gets a tad warmer! All day on the bike is a little tough on my back but I can give most of it a try! (I was in 2 bad car accidents in less than 18 months a couple years back - neither were my fault).

Oh, I live like 5 block from where you used to! lol Small world indeed!

·
Registered
126 Posts
That is quite a ride! I'd suggest you try going up to Mother's Kitchen at the top of Palomar and assess the situation from there. It can be a workout just to make it there.
At palomar, weekend mornings sort of belong to the road warriors, knee draggers and otherwise self declared fast guys. The afternoon crowd is more mature and sedate. Be forewarned

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is quite a ride! I'd suggest you try going up to Mother's Kitchen at the top of Palomar and assess the situation from there. It can be a workout just to make it there.
At palomar, weekend mornings sort of belong to the road warriors, knee draggers and otherwise self declared fast guys. The afternoon crowd is more mature and sedate. Be forewarned View attachment 6676
Thanks! Yeah, That’s what I’ve heard about Palomar, too. I may try it on a weekday morning. Looks like a fun ride but I definitely won’t be dragging my knee on it quite yet. Lol

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
351 Posts
At palomar, weekend mornings sort of belong to the road warriors, knee draggers and otherwise self declared fast guys. The afternoon crowd is more mature and sedate. Be forewarned View attachment 6676
And not to mention the POE with his ray gun. Can make for an expensive weekend.

Since I am an old retired guy I generally avoid riding on the weekends. That being said the first time I did the above ride was when I had my FZ09. Got about a dozen guys from to forum together for a group ride. It was a total blast.

IMG_1244.JPG

1 - 20 of 42 Posts