KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am thinking of purchasing KTM duke 790, I would like to know how real is the oil leak problems? will it still leak after the dealer fix?
I appreciate for the upcoming inputs that you all can give me. Thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
There have been many oil leak problems that I've heard of, I've had one where theres a weep form the tappet cover, The bike shop removed cover, applied some automotive silicone sealant, they said the factory was a little skimpy on sealant. No more weep issues. And the other common leak is around the shaft the drives the front sprocket, i haven't had this issue, but its a simple fix of removing the seal and replacing. with a 24 month warrantee any weeps or leaks would appear early and be sorted.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
Luckily, I haven't had any. Like Dave said though, with the warranty, it should be taken care of and solved with no issue. I wouldn't cross this bike off the list at all for something as simple as minor weeps here and there. The rest of the platform is well worth the hassle of those minor tidbits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
At 1500km I have a slight weeping from the cover. Didn't report to the dealer yet. Also I have small leak of coolant. Otherwise all good, sprocket area is dry. Sounds like a leaky troublesome machine, but really I think it's a minor issues, and I'm still happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
92 Posts
8500 km and my valve cover has just started leaking slightly. I'm not surprised or worried about it, since a lot of people have had this issue and it should be a very easy warranty fix. And like others have said, the benefits of this great bike greatly outweigh these minor issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
8500 km and my valve cover has just started leaking slightly. I'm not surprised or worried about it, since a lot of people have had this issue and it should be a very easy warranty fix. And like others have said, the benefits of this great bike greatly outweigh these minor issues.
My 18 bike started to leak from the valve cover at 10000km on the clock. Its 2.5h job at the dealer.

·
Super-Moderator
367 Posts
Have had an oil leak and a coolant leak, the oil leak manifested fairly quickly, the coolant leak came a bit later. The oil leak was sorted immediately the coolant leak was fixed but now seems to have started up again. I’ve switched dealers, hopefully the new place can sort it out properly, everything being done under warranty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had no leaking on my bike. I have had problems shifting from gear 1 to 2. But warranty fixed that no problem. The shift rode needed to be replaced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts